The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

carbon fiber hood and hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm still not running the spoiler on the hatch until I can find a set of OE gaskets for it. I don't like the idea of running CF bolted to CF and leaking water in my hatch everytime it rains.

:dsm:

My car has a GSX high rise wing that the previous owner installed he filled the underside with clear silicone caulk I have had no problems with leaks.

I'll be needing a CF hood and hatch soon. Hopefully someone will stock them soon.

I was thinking of doing the same combo to my GSX but I think the hatch will throw off my panda look LOL

Just to let some people know, I went through Sergio (CFeclipse) and I have received my hood and hatch already this past Tuesday. I had it sent to the body shop since that where is my car is at the moment. I haven't gotten a chance to go take a look but should be going there Tom(sat) I did receive my hood and hatch less in 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

Just out of curiosity....has anyone ran a carbon hood & hatch on a 2GB Talon? Maybe with the black section of the roof that's black & spoiler rapped with carbon to match.

I just bought a used vis hatch for $150 with oem glass and all. Only problem is its faded pretty bad so I have to wet sand it a little bit and re clear it. If that doesn't work I'll just paint it and it'll still be a weight reduction LOL. As for fitment it was pretty much perfect.

Just to let some people know, I went through Sergio (CFeclipse) and I have received my hood and hatch already this past Tuesday. I had it sent to the body shop since that where is my car is at the moment. I haven't gotten a chance to go take a look but should be going there Tom(sat) I did receive my hood and hatch less in 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

Please let us know how the CF trunk and hood from CFeclipse goes, if your happy with your order Ill be placing my order too

cant wait to see pictures!!

o.k. the plot thickens. finally received my sh*t. looks good, don't know about the fitment yet. here's the funny part, when i opened the package i see a tag that reads Advan Carbon. so it's not even a carbon efx made hatch. here's a link to the site Advan Carbon - The leading retailer of quality carbon fiber body kits, car body kits, rear spoilers. I only finally received a tracking # after opening a dispute on paypal and requesting a refund, then miraculously 6 hours later I had the tracking #...... go figure! only took 4 days to ship but hopefully this helps anyone else about to do the same thing. should be done with paint late next week will post a pic when it's all done!!!

Sorry for the huge delay LOL

Well here is the hood from Sergio (CFeclipse). Quality looks good and got it in the time frame he promised me. Will get more pics if anyone wants more. Still have not installed the hatch, but hopefully soon.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry for the huge delay LOL

Well here is the hood from Sergio (CFeclipse). Quality looks good and got it in the time frame he promised me. Will get more pics if anyone wants more. Still have not installed the hatch, but hopefully soon.

Looks really good! I was very interested as well to purchase from CFeclipse but this whole thread was worrying me. I know he said 600 for the combo but can you tell me how much he charged for shipping?

^ he charged me $150 for shipping. I have delt with Sergio personally and I have no problems with him. I have bought the CBf hood and hatch from him and also I have his rear lip for a 2G DSM. They were packaged very well too. Get a hold of him and ser what he can do for shipping for you. My overall experience with him was very good and he always answered my questions I had regarding his products.

Pretty sure that's what gofer did. Pics on page 3. He just had to drill the holes out on the carbon hatch.

Any carbon fiber hood hatch combos for 1g's LOL I personally love it on all dsm's and usually expensive

It's been a few years since anyone has updated this...
Looking into a 2g hatch and confused on who is still doing business and if they sell good products.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back