The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Best single disk clutch kit for high hp and high rpms..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppersmith

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
without having to go to a twin disk setup? I have heard of the act2600 with a sprung clutchnet 6puck or south bend 6pucks. So whats the best these days?

I would go with the lightest combination possible to help with moment of inertia, and use a disk with a good high-temperature friction surface that can handle abuse.

From SBC, there are a few options --

*TZ-Series full-face kevlar disk
*TZ/FE-Series full-face dual friction Kevlar/Feramic disk.
*DXD-FX 6-puck sprung Ceramic/Kevlar dual friction.
*DXD-F 6-puck sprung Feramic.

--All of these disks work great with SBC SS-X custom pressure plates, or ACT 2600/2900 pressure plates for high HP/TQ and heavy racing use.

Any of these four clutch disks are more than capable at high rpm shifting and track ability. The TZ-disk is great for a street car that gets track time here/there, while the three other options are better for handling higher temperatures and abuse.

If you have any further questions or want more details regarding any of these clutches, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Tim man your such an awesome member of this community! Great info as always

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back