The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

High HP FWD Clutch Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenAWD

Probationary Member
Sep 3, 2020
Rochester, New_York
Well it’s been a while since I’ve messed with these cars and last time I was auto so I’m not sure what’s the right one to run these days.

I have a FWD with an AWD Trans, quaife LSD, 3586 turbo and all supporting mods. Car will run QTP’s and do a ton of roll racing and some occasionally dig racing. The question is what clutch setup should I be using? I expect the car to be making north of 700 on this setup with ethanol so I want something to hold but I don’t want driveability issues as it’s a street car that will be driven all over the place in nice weather.

Car currently has some ACT clutch and a Fidanza flywheel but I haven’t driven it at all to know how it holds or drives. I just pulled it in the garage and started demodding and remodding the way I want it.

What do you plan to run for a trans set up? How high of rpm do you plan to shift at?

It’s a TRE built AWD trans in FWD configuration with Quaife LSD. I expect to be shifting around 8500-9000

Still a stock gear trans i assume? If so you still run the risk of stripping gears at that power level. But for your goals i would contact Tim Zimmer at TMZ he sells one of the best twin disc set ups for our cars i feel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back