The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Clutch Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary, it will take a couple hundred miles to break in of street driving because you are reusing your pressure plate, just clean up the surfaces of the pressure plate and flywheel and make sure they are flat. You will have a very fun car!

Good luck!!

TMZ

Tim I want to be sure I know what you mean by cleaning up the surfaces. Because maybe it means to put them on a surface grinder and take a couple thou off the surface. Or maybe it means you just clean them with some kind of solvent to get any kind of stuck material off the surface, and then check them for flatness and replace if necessary.
My pressure plate has very little use on it from new, probably only a couple hundred miles of street driving and no hard launches, and that was all with the ACT street organic disc.
My flywheel (ACT Streetlite) was ground at the same time (when the pressure plate went on) on ER's new machine for grinding flywheels. So it should be in nice shape too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back