The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Before and after camshaft dyno numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
I was bored sitting here and I was thinking the cams are like the heart of the 4g63. I was curious to see how much whp guys have picked up just from putting bigger cams in alone, how much gains did you see just from the bigger cams themselves? And what type of cams did you use? Just thought it woild be interesting to see the gains. I figure with a good set of cams you could easily pick up 30+whp.

You def get gains but for the most part it shifts your rpm power band up higher instead of having a down low power band for street driving. Im running bc 280's and there is a big noticeable difference from 5500rpm to 8k on how hard it pulls over stock cams

Plus when dealing with cams, just like any other mod, it's not gonna give you +xxhp. It all depends on your tune and other parts you're running with them, but I'm sure you already knew that. I would like to see a dyno if a before and after installing a set of 272s tho.

Keltalon did a review of several cams. He is still using the BC 272s, which have the worst reputation. Thats after testing HKS and iirc, kelfords. He ended up perfectly happy with the BC's.

Just really wanted to see what the difference guys noticed. As Justin mentioned before the stock cams are geared more toward the 3-5000 rpm range you have with the 14b a nice set of 272s will really change your powerband and let the turbo breath up top. I know for a fact it's killing my setup having stock cams my hx35 is huffing and puffing past 6k with the stock cams :/ I need cams sooooo bad LOL

Are you asking for a comparison with a stock car? There have been loads of cam tests with different combinations all over the place.

AMS Performance - Famous DSM Camshaft Test

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cyl...est-delta-hks-272-delta-k272-bc-272-cams.html

These Are just a few..

This was an interesting read. Did they ever find out if cams helped alot more on bigger turbos? I feel they should have done the testing on a bigger turbo like a 20g or a 50 trim. I think the test would be new interesting with a turbo that would out rev the stock cams and then see how much bigger cams helped.

http://turbosix.blogspot.com/2012/11/4g63-cam-dyno-reviews.html?m=1 here's another good article ams did of the evo 4g63 they seem to get huge gains from cams! Upwards of 70whp with a good set! I'm guessing maybe because the motor is more efficient?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back