The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

B.U.M SQUAD'S 1G- quest for 9's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeofdastreets

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2008
dunedin, Florida
Hey guys, I've been putting together my new setup for a year now and I figured it's time to post up some info on my car..

History- This was my first car and I bought it late in 2008 from some guy off craigslist from upstate.. I don't know if the guy is on this forem but if so please pm me because Id like to know the history behind it.:confused:

some of the mods that I remember

stock motor with mls and arp head studs with bs removed
web 272 cams
ported evo3 exshaust mani
bep 50 trim bolt on with tial 38mm wastegate off o2
thermal 3in exshausr with cutout
custom 2.75 dp
fic 750 injectors
afpr
255 in tank
tial bov
fmic
eprom ecu with custom chip for 3.5 maf
maft
n/t tb
safc
dogbox racing rebuilt trans with welded diff
act pp with street disk
bucket seats
harness
agx's in rear
16'" rota slipstreams with nitto 555r drag radials

Now a few pics

eagletalon2008.jpg
[/IMG]

2008tsi.jpg
[/IMG]

2008radials.jpg
[/IMG]

2008gutted.jpg
[/IMG]

Early 2009 the timing belt gave out and bent all the valves.. Me not knowing that much, forced me too take it appart and sell the shell to a friend off mine (20gbeast)..

Bought a 90 gsx, which was basically stock and started to learn about dsm's from working on this car. Had this car for about 6 months then got a gvr4 that I traded for my xbox. Only thing wrong with it was a burnt clutch and a rollor rocker fell off the lifter ( kid downshifted into the wrong gear), but Had the car running and fixed 24hr after the trade ROFL..Too cut it short I had this gvr4 for about a yr, threw some parts on the car that I had laying around from the blue 1g and had my fun with it ran 12.6 at 113 then ripped it appart.. Shorty after I sold the shell and a few jdm parts I had to gather up money to buy my blue 1g back, damn I missed that car ROFL

more info to come..

Mod list

(short block)

-6 bolt block hot tanked, painted, and bored over .20
-stock 6 bolt polished crank
-acl race bearings
-pauter x beam rods
-custom wiesco hd's 9.5.1
-oem 90 straight cut oil pump gears
-oem oil pump
-oem water pump
-stubby shaft
-oem timing kit
-oem oil pan with -10 return bung welded on

(HS & HG)

-arp l19's
- feltpro preatorque head gasket

(head)

-1g head
-ported and gasket matched
-supertech 1mm over sized coated valves
- supertech duel springs and retainors shimed and set to 115 lbs
-3g lifters
-evo 8 rollor rockers
-gsc s3 cams
- new valve seals

(fuel)

-7 gallon custom aluinuim tank
-aeromotiive a1000 fuel pump
-aeromotive inline filter
- -8 feed
- -6 return
-fuel lab afpr
-fic high flow fuel rail
-fic 1680 hi-z injectors

(drivetrain& trans)

-tre stage 2 trans with welded center diff
-act 2900pp/ 6 puck unsprung clutch
-act flywheel
-act TOB
- oem piviot ball
-oem clutch fork
-driveshaft solid bushings
-solid shifter bushings
-solid shifter box bushings
-brass bushing and clutch petal assembly welded
-ss clutch line
-oem clutch master

(suspension & brakes)

-kyb agx's
-ground controll coilover sleeve with custom spring rates
-energy suspension front control arm polly bushing kit
-energy suspension rear control arm polly bushing kit
-moog ball joints
-moog inner tie rods
-moog outer tir rods
- sway bars deleted
- hawk front pads
- hawk rear pads
- 91 single piston brakes non abs
-brembo hd front blanks
-brembo rear blanks

(turbo & exshaust )

-fp 3582 hta t4 .86ar
-fp turbo oil filter
-custom t4 manifold
-pte 46mm wastegate
- -6 an coolent turbo lines
- -10 return
- open 3in dp dump under motor

(intake & fmic)

-ets 4in race core with 2.5 tanks
-2.5 custom short route piping 1 piece
-mangnus heat barriar gasket
-jmf race intake mani
-s90 tb
-tial 50mm bov

(tuning & electronics)

-ecmlink full v3 with sd
-innovate lm-1 wideband
-autometer shift light
-90amp alternator
- stock ignition
- taylor wires

(others)

-avid polished motor mounts
-fd rims 16x8
-225/50/15 hancook tires
-1g leather dark gray seats
-racing harness
-civic aluinuim radiator
-180 degree thermostat
-modified wire harness
-wire tuck
-modifed therostat housing
- pressure relef thermostat cap

few pics of the motor and parts being assembled

pistons 1.JPG

pistons.JPG

boss rods.JPG

pauter rods.JPG

motor.JPG

motor being build 2.JPG

motor being build 3.JPG

mani.JPG

cam install.JPG

aem cam gears.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
few pics of the car and work I was doing to it

all i need is a cage.JPG

byb.jpg

bushing install.JPG

engine bay.JPG

fuel system.JPG

mocking.JPG

no bumper.JPG

drivers side tsi.JPG

passenger side tsi.JPG

side.JPG

few of the pics of the motor in and basically finshed up and ready to goo

afpr.JPG

almost done.JPG

civic rad.JPG

fmic 2.JPG

fmic 1.JPG

fittings.JPG

most of the wiring is done.JPG

pretty fresh.JPG

finished.JPG

dsm protectors.JPG

More to come! :thumb:

The car's definitely familiar.. I wanna say his user name was "destroy dsm" or similar... if not from this forum, he was on DSMtalk.

The car's definitely familiar.. I wanna say his user name was "destroy dsm" or similar... if not from this forum, he was on DSMtalk.

nice, he probly is out the dsm game, i"d like to talk to him though, I heard the car has put up 11 second passes before i got my hands on it.. id like to hear some of the past about this car

Thats a really clean setup. What exhaust manifold/ intake and throttle body are those?

Thats a really clean setup. What exhaust manifold/ intake and throttle body are those?

Exshaust manifold is a custom t4 one I got from galantvr4 forems, Ive kicked my self in the a$$ many times for buying it because clearences are so tight since it was mocked up for the shorter vr4 front mount, with modifications I got everything to work good..

Intake manifold is a jmf race manifold flanged for the stock tb..

Throttle body pictured is a modified n/t tb, isc deleted and the vaccuum block on the top was grinded off and welded then grinded smooth for a cleaner look.. It's actually the tb I got with the car and I modded it so its been threw alot, its being replaced with a 70mm s90 tb this week..

this is sweet! lets go tear up them "kings of the streets" soon. :).....vinny wants to come show them whats up.

A few pics from today

finished product 1.JPG

gangsta.JPG

gangster.JPG

Test fitting the s90 and getting ready to port the intake manifold inlet to gasket match the 70mm s90 :thumb:

s90 mocking up.JPG

Looking sick, man glad you never sold it. :thumb:

that civic radiator isn't going to work down here in the summer just so you know. even with a pusher and puller, 80% water with water wetter i couldnt stay under 220

most people that do a civic rad use a cheap bs fan, my fan puts out 1500cfms.. im heat wrapping my dp and wastegate dump to bring down temps of the engine bay also.. I don"t doubt it but we will see, its not my daily so im not worried about it.

most people that do a civic rad use a cheap bs fan, my fan puts out 1500cfms.. im heat wrapping my dp and wastegate dump to bring down temps of the engine bay also.. I don"t doubt it but we will see, its not my daily so im not worried about it.

yeah it might somewhat work, it just isn't enough surface area. but if you do get it to work then more power to you. i was just warning you that no one really uses them down here because it gets 100+ degrees in the summer and then add a big fmic infront of it....you know. let me know what happens because i'd like to go back to one if you can figure it out.

yeah it might somewhat work, it just isn't enough surface area. but if you do get it to work then more power to you. i was just warning you that no one really uses them down here because it gets 100+ degrees in the summer and then add a big fmic infront of it....you know. let me know what happens because i'd like to go back to one if you can figure it out.

x2 with the big front mount LOL ets 4 in core LOL... :cool:... If it doesnt work its a easy replacement to add a full size aluim rad...

He is a very good friend of mine. Car went 12.1@112 on a 14b, 440cc injectors, and basic BS parts. I am happy to see the car is still alive. I will send him a text.

He is a very good friend of mine. Car went 12.1@112 on a 14b, 440cc injectors, and basic BS parts. I am happy to see the car is still alive. I will send him a text.

yeah defenity let him know, i wouldnt mind asking him about his previous setup and track times..

attachment_zpsa602e4e6.jpg

20121209_221533_zps9d4f1241.jpg

Pretty close setup! Good luck!

nice, good to see a decent amount of dsm"s out here in florida

His old setup with stock 175,000 motor with web cams, rotas with nitto drag radials, rebuilt trans welded diff, 14b ported with 7cm exhaust housing, 450cc injector, or 550s and a super afc. I think he went 12.1 on the 450s.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back