The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Anyone help me do timing belt? Near cle ohio

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncarson91

Proven Member
Jan 2, 2021
north olmsted, Ohio
Hey can anyone that’s from Cleveland Ohio or nearby help me do my timing belt? Never done it. Not super confident in myself to do it myself rather have someone who knows. Have no money but lots of dsm parts to offer… such as 190 walboro 345 aem fuel pumps 2g 1g 190 walboro. Greddy bov. 2g cylinder head . 2g short block (spun bearing) hood for rebuild. Factory 2g struts ect ect

There are a handful of 4G63 timing belt videos on youtube. It might help to watch a few to get some idea and well as read through the various posts here.

I remember how intimidating it seemed before I did my first one but it turned out to be pretty easy.

What year, model, engine do you have?
he has a 2gb 4g63 engine. its all year appropriate for his car. im almost positive he still has balance shafts.

I remember how intimidating it seemed before I did my first one but it turned out to be pretty easy.
i take it you had at least the pulley tool.
cause trying to set the preload on the pulley with a couple allen wrenches and a flathead (and a second person)isn't easy at all, the first few times.

cause trying to set the preload on the pulley with a couple allen wrenches and a flathead (and a second person)isn't easy at all, the first few times.

Not the first time. I made a tool from Brass and two bolts to fit the pulley. Using it wasn't fun but it worked. I did go buy a real pulley tool after. :)

he has a 2gb 4g63 engine. its all year appropriate for his car. im almost positive he still has balance shafts.

No balance shafts I removed them myself

dude if you can delete your BS, you can handle the timing.

wait,, how did you remove the balance shafts, and afterwards get the car to start, with out having to do the timing

dude if you can delete your BS, you can handle the timing.

wait,, how did you remove the balance shafts, and afterwards get the car to start, with out having to do the timing
^This. Also did you block the oil ports?

Yeah how did you do that? Is the motor in the car? Either way I'm guessing it doesn't have a belt on it now. Elaborate please.

Lol, I had the belt done on it. My dumbass had a tool vibrate and fall and partially cut the belt. It’s still intact but I’m just replacing. My buddy did it while I was at work.

Trust me I’ve been beating my head against a wall over it

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I had the belt done on it. My dumbass had a tool vibrate and fall and partially cut the belt. It’s still intact but I’m just replacing. My buddy did it while I was at work.

Trust me I’ve been beating my head against a wall over it

What kind of tool did you let fall and partially cut the belt? A running Sawzall or angle grinder??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back