The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

After 3 years, back to the 1/4 on the 14B

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys, tomorrow night is dyno night....Friday is run time...if the damn rain holds off........I'll post up how it goes tomorrow night.....later!

Phil

Guys, just back from the dyno......real tired so I'll get to the bottom line.

Baseline run at 15-16psi netted 285 HP and 290 TQ

14B + 22psi + EVO front mount+ FP race manifold= 295 AWHP and :thumb:337 ft-lbs at the wheels!

The power is there, now I've got to go learn how to drive the thing again!

Goodnight guys..........

Phil Beers

ps---the 304HP and 308TQ in my profile were numbers from three years back on the Dynapacks. Tonights numbers were on the local dynojet rollers. I will try to get some comparison numbers from the packs if I can in the next week...

how much does the car weight?

Last time it was weighed with me was 2685lbs. I weigh about 205. Since then, more reduction in the interior, ACT flywheel, Driveshaft Shop Drive Shaft(25lbs. reduction together) and fiberglass hatch/lexan window. So, I'm thinking I'll be about 100 lbs. less, so 2585lbs. total. Still have lightweight doors and rear quarter lexan for next season.

Phil

Phil it's good to see your back in the game. I like to say that i'm between dsm's right now. Since i've sold my fast 14b tsi, i've gone through a few beaters, four sport bikes, a 12 second SVT Lightning and now i'm trying to create a budget for a 1g while paying for my truck.
I think with a couple test and tune nights you'll have the driving part figured out and the 11's will follow. i would anticipate some wheel spin with the new light weight flywheel unless you have some sticky tires on that thing. I too would like to recreate another lightweight 14b car, but untill i get some more cash i should stay away from this thread before i do some damage jk. good luck Phil and have fun.
Keep us updated even if it's not what you had hoped.
GOOD LUCK
Travis

I used stock cams when I ran an 11 with my 14b.
Actually the cams were a 1990 intake cam and a 2G exhaust cam. I didn't choose them, I got them out of a pile because I needed something to help me pass smog check. It's funny how things work out.

I used stock cams when I ran an 11 with my 14b.
Actually the cams were a 1990 intake cam and a 2G exhaust cam. I didn't choose them, I got them out of a pile because I needed something to help me pass smog check. It's funny how things work out.

How much did your car weigh, and about how much power do you think you were making?

Phil it's good to see your back in the game. I like to say that i'm between dsm's right now. Since i've sold my fast 14b tsi, i've gone through a few beaters, four sport bikes, a 12 second SVT Lightning and now i'm trying to create a budget for a 1g while paying for my truck.
I think with a couple test and tune nights you'll have the driving part figured out and the 11's will follow. i would anticipate some wheel spin with the new light weight flywheel unless you have some sticky tires on that thing. I too would like to recreate another lightweight 14b car, but untill i get some more cash i should stay away from this thread before i do some damage jk. good luck Phil and have fun.
Keep us updated even if it's not what you had hoped.
GOOD LUCK
Travis

Wow! What's up Travis!? Good to see you up here. Can you believe I'm still on the 14B, ahhhhh, you probably can. Anyway, thanks for the words and I will keep you updated. Still living in Jessup area?

Phil

Yup, season's over. Time to hibernate and work on the cars in the garage :D

J/K, here's a linky;

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/272722-11s-still-elude-me-part-2-a.html

Hey Phil, here's hoping you got all that exterior crap done at the house. Today will be the last "warm" day.

MB

I still have not finished.........not enough time, maybe this weekend.....sucks that the season is over, but, at least I'll be ready to go when the next season comes around instead of just barely making it like this year, I need some seat time......

Phil

LINK and some FP1 / 264 cams would do wonders!

Yeah, if I had the DSMLink I could definitely make more power and have a better tune than the basic AFC, BUT, power is not my problem. I have a set of FP1X cams that were designed SOLELY FOR THE 14B turbo. But, I don't think I need them just yet. I will install them along with the balance shaft eliminator kit once I think I need more power to go faster. I just don't want to wreck a good thing...the car runs mint and makes awesome power with the original stock internals.

Phil

Cams would take away from the stock/unopened motor.

I don't know why you would say this, but, maybe you are right. Although, Robert at FP was the one who suggested these cams along with some other little modifications for more power on the 14b. I guess I won't know until I install them.

Phil

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back