The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

98 GSX Time Trial build

Year
Model/Trim
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Mine was not as bad as yours in the wells but even then its tricky. I ended up poly sealing all the joints so no more water can find its way through causing issues. Its a very messy job and i got pics to prove how messy it can be and is on my page. Wear a hat and full face covering i say as i ate so much grit. All i can say is enjoy the job as i dont ever wish to do it again!!!! EVER!!!! HAHA

They look worse than they are. They're still solid. I'm only gonna do the fronts this off season, then next year I'll worry about the rears.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
All my ingredients are here LOL. Hopefully get to work in the garage for a little bit today.
PXL_20201127_172914794.jpg
PXL_20201126_012534946.jpg
PXL_20201127_161828122.jpg

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
What's the por15 for? I was thinking about using it on my beat-up engine bay.

The P.O.R stands for Paint Over Rust. It will completely stop rust from continuing to do damage and keeps more from starting up. I figure with the amount of issues these cars have with strut tops rotting out, this will be a big help in keeping the car from disintegrating.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Wow I’m speechless, that came out very good looking tire well.

I love it, I really enjoy a thread when there is a lot of passion involved.

Keep it up bro.

Appreciate it! Thank you. Really looking forward to not having to mess around with the car too much and focus on turning every lap next season

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
A few updates: working on getting the new intercooler mounted along with vbanding the charge pipe from the turbo to the intercooler. I ordered a polycarbonate rear window from optic armor. That got delivered yesterday. Got the gopro setup from wired remote setup on the car as well. Hopefully now I'll remember to turn it on. Working on the new seatbelt setup. Got the fuel gauge wired. I'll post pics in a bit.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
So much needed updates. Got the intercooler mounted and the vbanded tubing done. And everything else that needed to be done.
We went to Lime Rock on April 3rd. Went out first session, popped an intercooler coupler further down the line, but everything else was fine. Came in after it popped, and shortly after a Corvette wrecked and ended the session early, so didn't really miss out on too much time.
Went out second session on 15psi and the car was really singing. Got stuck behind Some traffic and downshifted to 3rd, and the car stayed in fourth. Figured I stretched a shift cable. Came in and after some diagnosis, determined that the 3-4 shift fork had broken. The trans was a shep Stage 3 so I was pretty shocked that my car on low power would damage it. Decided we came to win and sent it in the final session. Had a crew of buddies get me going by pushing me down the paddock. Went out and did really well. Coming out of T2, the car just revved like it was in neutral. Figured it had popped out of 4th finally. I had 1-2 and 5-R. Got back to the paddock and the trans hemorrhaged out all the fluid from a crack in the case. So that trans is dead. Already picked up a new to me one from a buddy. Eventually I'll have to go PPG. But...we won! Not a bad day, blown up trans not withstanding. Palmer Motorsports Park next month. Gotta get the car squared away. But we'll be ready.
IMG_20210405_090304_838.jpg
Screenshot_20210404-125421.png
IMG_20210407_081113_670.jpg
IMG_20210407_081113_635.jpg
PXL_20210404_164255511.jpg
IMG_20210403_223211_632.jpg

Canadian_CD9A

Proven Member
Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
lwq00qbbna841.png

Congratulations, that's one hell of a way to limp it home. I applaud getting it done in those circumstances, and it reminds me of one of my favorite car-related quotes: "the perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track, then explodes after crossing the finish line".

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
View attachment 626486
Congratulations, that's one hell of a way to limp it home. I applaud getting it done in those circumstances, and it reminds me of one of my favorite car-related quotes: "the perfect race car is the fastest thing on the track, then explodes after crossing the finish line".
Thank you so much! Yeah, we don't go to the race track and then give up. We go to win. And yeah, the trans is a big pile of junk now, but I have another one, so we'll replace it and get back out there next month. And yeah! I believe that's a Colin Chapman quote. Good times LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds