The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 GSX Time Trial build

Year
Model/Trim
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Continued work on the splitter. The professional awesome quick release mounts are situated. This weekend, hopefully start trimming it to how I want it to fit, and then add the air dam, splitter tunnels and support rods.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Got a little ahead of schedule for once LOL. Splitter is pretty much shaped the way I want. Added my splitter tunnels from professional awesome. This weekend should be finishing it up. Need to add the air dam and splitter rods. Then decide if I'm going to paint it, stain it or what LOL.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
My splitter support rods came with some pucks to keep the splitter from bouncing off the track. The supplied hardware was too short to fasten through the splitter and they're a tapered Allen head bolt, so I had to make my own. Took some pan head Phillips, 8×1.25×30mm screws and chucked them up in the lathe at work. Cut them into a 45 degree taper. Hopefully this weekend, get it all assembled.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Got to spend a little time yesterday on the splitter. Started working out the splitter support rods. Professional awesome stuff is great. But I do have one complaint. The clevis mounting for the splitter side of the rod is 8×1.25. Fine. No biggie. But the clevis on the chassis side is 5/16ths 24. Like, not only is it a pita to have to have two different size bits of hardware, but one metric and one standard? That's kinda ridiculous. So I got it all mocked up. I'll drill holes and finalize the the support rods today.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds