The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

637whp and 499wtq on the stock 1g 6 bolt motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

why forged if stock do the job ? do you think it can handle 700awhp

Don't worry im gonna try my hardest to get into the 9's before the shootout and take the car out there.

The 272's got me to the 10.29 and they are a proven cam to get into the 9's but the Fp's made my powerband stay up after 8k rpm which is what I was after. I need to go to the track and see where we are now.
I'm loving it bro. :thumb:
Were the cams just a drop in or did you have to buy cam gears and have them dialed in?

Also what does the bottom end feel like compared to your old cam setup or is it difficult to say?

I'm loving it bro. :thumb:
Were the cams just a drop in or did you have to buy cam gears and have them dialed in?

Also what does the bottom end feel like compared to your old cam setup or is it difficult to say?

With the Fp cams it acts the same as it did with the hks but the top end improved substantially. Bottom line is that the fp4r's are worth every penny.

why forged if stock do the job ? do you think it can handle 700awhp

Probably not for long, if at all...

The stock rod bolts will let go around 600, when beaten on; so I'd make sure to have those swapped out. But at that point you might as well buy a set of eagle's, then you might as well get pistons.. Not really that much when you consider you will probably have a nice hole in your block and might trash your head otherwise.

The cams are straight drop ins

Probably not for long, if at all...

The stock rod bolts will let go around 600, when beaten on; so I'd make sure to have those swapped out. But at that point you might as well buy a set of eagle's, then you might as well get pistons.. Not really that much when you consider you will probably have a nice hole in your block and might trash your head otherwise.

Have you tried it yourself to come to that conclusion?

Well guys we went to the track tonight a bit late but I wanted to test the fuel system since we had a few issues with injectors getting clogged with the e85. We made a few changes and cleaned out the system and made 3 runs on less boost (33psi) and this was the outcome. We hot lapped the car because we got to the track with only one hour left to closing time. The first run i bogged and the second spun hard and finally the last pass was clean with a shitty 60' but at least a clean pass. Afr's were rich, it was 84 degrees and 100% humidity so I feel that with the boost back to 37psi we should be very close if not in the 9's

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a 1.4s 60' that would have been a 9sec pass already. Bring it back on a cooler day and more boost to claim the stock block record! Very well done!

What springs are you running with your FP4R's?

Nvm, I just read FP springs. I'm assuming the beehive ones?

Which Sparktech system exactly if you don't mind me asking? Any ignition amplifier to drive the COP is what I'm asking.

Just a standard Cop with no amplifier

What springs are you running with your FP4R's?

Nvm, I just read FP springs. I'm assuming the beehive ones?

Yes the beehive with stock evo 8 retainers.

Well guys we went to the track tonight a bit late but I wanted to test the fuel system since we PEhad a few issues with injectors getting clogged with the e85. We made a few changes and cleaned out .
I'm wondering if this is a constant issue with e85. I plan on purchasing 2150's for the purpose of using e85 but now I'm concernd. I notice many members here use it in their cars so I don't understand.:hmm:

I'm wondering if this is a constant issue with e85. I plan on purchasing 2150's for the purpose of using e85 but now I'm concernd. I notice many members here use it in their cars so I don't understand.:hmm:

I have seen a few guys here and on evom with the same problem and some very long threads on the issue. There are different theories as to what causes the black beard but I would not hesitate to use ethanol if I were you. It is the best fuel I have ever used even if it did give me a few problems.

Impressive numbers :)

That clogging really is bad with E85, I just tried to declogg mine and it wasn`t a pretty job at all :p

The weird thing about the clogging is that it is random, I know a few local dsm guys that run e85 and they haven't had any kind of problems. In our case we solved the issue by cleaning the system really good for the last time and switching to e98

here's a quote on the subject from the biggest and first link when i googled "e85 clogging fuel injectors" from the Q&A on this webpage about ethanol.

ethanol page said:
Q: Does ethanol plug fuel injectors?
A: Earlier fuel injectors of the pintle design could form deposits that changed the pattern of the injected fuel. This problem developed from injectors seeping fuel when the vehicle was not running. This formed carbon deposits on the pintle and caused even more leakage. This could happen with any gasoline. Because of this problem, injectors in most vehicles have been re-designed around the popet style and all gasoline is required to carry a detergent component to alleviate the deposit problem.

myself i haven't seen much residu at all after 3 years, and i just had mine out a week ago doin some wire tucking. Although i am going to ultra sonic shake them and pressure run seafoam and B12 Cleaner through them here soon and see if the IDC's or AFR"s change at all

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back