The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

621whp and 553Tq STOCK BLOCK by Ostar Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well we (ASAPerformance) are always at the track testing out new setups. I should be back out there next week with the hx40 shooting for mid 10s at 140+

I'd like to see all these "record" horsepower numbers on dynojets. Some of us don't have the luxury of an adjustable dyno.

Still making good power I'm sure, good example of what the pump can do.

lets not get people reading this post confused, as i mentioned before im not shooting for any "dyno" record. 1/4 mph always tells the true story

I'm extremely curious how the curves looked before and after the 264/272 to 272/272 cam swap and about what it picked up at the same boost.

Awesome numbers on the stock bottom end!

All I can say is that by switching to the 272's and e85 the car spools faster and has more power and tq all over the place it also made 73whp more than before at the same boost level, we'll try to post the dyno sheet later showing the difference

I'm extremely curious how the curves looked before and after the 264/272 to 272/272 cam swap and about what it picked up at the same boost.

Awesome numbers on the stock bottom end!

actually here is a sheet comparing both at 30psi

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Oohhh that's right forgot the 592 whp was @ 31psi, still a 45whp by just swaping cams and fuel is an awesome gain :) sorry for the misinformation

I'd like to see all these "record" horsepower numbers on dynojets. Some of us don't have the luxury of an adjustable dyno.

Still making good power I'm sure, good example of what the pump can do.

Well, we do have the luxury and access to both dynojet and mustang dynos and have tested on both with very similar results.
But you can take this as a starting point:
This car already went 10.7@130 with 509hp on the same mustang dyno.

...don't forget dynos are just tools and in the end all that matters are track results.

Good to see others pushing the limits of the stock shortblock.

To the OP. I will say this, I dyno'd at 656whp/527Ftlbs and that was at 32 psi on my setup. I was given the chance to make one more pull and I said no. After that went to the track and trapped 138mph on a bullshit track. Absolutely no prep.

Fast forward to now. I tore the motor down and everything was in perfect shape. I honestly think its more than feasible to reach 700whp on the stock shortblock with the right combo of parts and a dead on tune. I was running on E85 as well but I am all about making power so the tune on car was not conservative by any means.

-Kevin-

Damn! I didnt know there was so much DSM goodness in my neck of the woods! Good to see all you guys in FL tearing up the tracks with DSM's!

Very impressive.

Mostly because I'd never seen that fuel pump before and now I want one.

I would recommend this pump to anyone that is looking to make 600+ whp on e85. Jayracing sent us a unit to try out on our setup and these are the results. One thing to note is that you must have a fuel pump rewire on your dsm to get max results from it. Other than that you are golden. If you are running c16 700whp is an attainable number from this unit. Also my system is still using the stock hard lines so this is a very basic fuel system. Great job Jay :thumb:

Who was the tall guy with you at the track with his lip pierced?

Congrats on the new power Fernando!

We're looking forward to seeing you out there this season!:thumb:

Who was the tall guy with you at the track with his lip pierced?

not sure who you are talking about. there were a few teams that know each other all bunched up

Congrats on the new power Fernando!

We're looking forward to seeing you out there this season!:thumb:

Thanks a lot Chuck!!! The injectors are working perfectly :thumb: Hopefully we'll be out there soon running some new times.

Idc was 77%

Is that number right? The fuel pump chart supplied on the other thread along with the OP's 2150cc injectors doesn't jive with that at all. The fuel pump per the chart can never supply enough fuel to put the 2150s at 77%idc. Something **appears** inflated. That pump flows 250lph or 1000cc/min per injector. That's not enough fuel to make close to 600whp with e85; stoich is 9.8:1 and ideal a/f ratio is 8.33:1 (.85lambda or 12.5:1 gas scale). Probably just the horsepower number is inflated, after all it IS a bolton turbo. Unless that %IDC is incorrect. Or I am completely overlooking something very simple and important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that number right? The fuel pump chart supplied on the other thread along with the OP's 2150cc injectors doesn't jive with that at all. The fuel pump per the chart can never supply enough fuel to put the 2150s at 77%idc. Something **appears** inflated. That pump flows 250lph or 1000cc/min per injector. That's not enough fuel to make close to 600whp with e85; stoich is 9.8:1 and ideal a/f ratio is 8.33:1 (.85lambda or 12.5:1 gas scale). Probably just the horsepower number is inflated, after all it IS a bolton turbo. Unless that %IDC is incorrect. Or I am completely overlooking something very simple and important.

I made 570whp/425ftlbs on E85 with ONE walboro 255 intank. NOT rewired or anything. This was using 1450cc Bluemax injectors. That was the point where it was literally out of pump, No matter what I tried to add for fuel, it just would not bring the afrs down so I stopped at that whp until I installed my other pump.

-Kevin-

What was your %IDC?

Your recent dyno results were at 32psi. Even at 30psi the wall 255hp flows 220lph or enough to push 1000cc injectors to 92%IDC. So that goes along with this. You made about 8% less power with a single wally than the OP and your fuel pump can't flow more than right on 8% less fuel at a boost of 30psi (assuming the base fuel pressure was 43psi). That does make some sense.

I just find it hard to believe that you all are getting that much power out of e85 with fuel flow lower than or at 1000cc/min per injector. 8.33:1 air/fuel (e85) vs. 12.5:1 air/fuel (race gas) means that you need 50% more fuel to go from 12.5 lbs of air per lb of fuel to 8.33 lbs of air per lb of fuel. A little less change coming from pump gas because pumpgas doesn't like to be leaner than 11.5:1. . . 1000cc injectors or 1000cc/min per injector (the limit of the new pump at 35psi assuming stock base pressure) with e85 as the fuel is really seen by the o2 sensor as 750cc injectors vs. gasoline. . . Of course BSFC has alot to do with engine efficiency (compression ratio, pumping losses, rotating mass, etc.). . . But, just seeing how close I was at the limit of my 1000cc injectors with e85 on my setup, and I'm amazed at the results! I like my 1450s much better. I can lower my base fuel pressure, get more out of the pump, and still have enough injector for my goals ;) . . .

. . .Still, 2150s at 77%IDC at 35psi boost (assuming 43.5psi bae fuel pressure) is FAR out of the flow range of the pump used here per the chart from the other thread.

Congrats on the numbers. I too know what it takes to bring a stock engine to these power levels. Just the right combination of parts and the tune must be spot on.

Don't get me wrong. This is an awesome thing to see here. And apparently things are being done right with this setup. Great job! I'm more concerned about the pump flow at this point. And whether or not the chart for the pump is erring on the side of extreme caution, or if the 77%IDC value posted is just incorrect. Like I said, "something **appears** inflated", and I'll add, "or deflated". Obviously it's working. Can't wait for the track results!!!

What was your %IDC?

Your recent dyno results were at 32psi. Even at 30psi the wall 255hp flows 220lph or enough to push 1000cc injectors to 92%IDC. So that goes along with this. You made about 8% less power with a single wally than the OP and your fuel pump can't flow more than right on 8% less fuel at a boost of 30psi (assuming the base fuel pressure was 43psi). That does make some sense.

I just find it hard to believe that you all are getting that much power out of e85 with fuel flow lower than or at 1000cc/min per injector. 8.33:1 air/fuel (e85) vs. 12.5:1 air/fuel (race gas) means that you need 50% more fuel to go from 12.5 lbs of air per lb of fuel to 8.33 lbs of air per lb of fuel. A little less change coming from pump gas because pumpgas doesn't like to be leaner than 11.5:1. . . 1000cc injectors or 1000cc/min per injector (the limit of the new pump at 35psi assuming stock base pressure) with e85 as the fuel is really seen by the o2 sensor as 750cc injectors vs. gasoline. . . Of course BSFC has alot to do with engine efficiency (compression ratio, pumping losses, rotating mass, etc.). . . But, just seeing how close I was at the limit of my 1000cc injectors with e85 on my setup, and I'm amazed at the results! I like my 1450s much better. I can lower my base fuel pressure, get more out of the pump, and still have enough injector for my goals ;) . . .

. . .Still, 2150s at 77%IDC at 35psi boost (assuming 43.5psi bae fuel pressure) is FAR out of the flow range of the pump used here per the chart from the other thread.

I honestly cant remember my exact idc % on the one wally intank pump. It was upwards of 90%. On the dyno, above about 6500rpms, it would gradually start leaning itself out because the pump was maxed(27 psi boost and base fuel pressure). I stopped where I did because afr's, if I remember correctly, were climbing to about 12.8:1 and I could not get them to come down anymore.

When I installed the bosch 044 inline pump, first pull after the installation, dropped my idc% to high 60% - low 70%. It wasnt until then I turned the boost up to 32psi and went back to the dyno. I believe on the second trip to the dyno, I was somewhere in the middle 80% idc's. Another local here, made 692whp on E70 with 1450cc injectors, and he was getting upwards of 90% idc's from what I remember.

Also, forgot to mention, I also run a FIC injector driver box.

I was running the stock shortblock at 12.5:1 AFR's and 21* timing when it was on 32 psi making 656whp.

-Kevin-

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back