The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

621whp and 553Tq STOCK BLOCK by Ostar Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Even at 30psi the wall 255hp flows 220lph or enough to push 1000cc injectors to 92%IDC.
Are those numbers assuming the pump is rewired? I'm wondering if i'm at the limit or if i have a little room to go...

Ironically enough I'm running 30psi boost with 1000s at 92% IDC on a rewired 255hp with 11:1 AFR on gasoline.

Very Good Results! May I ask what Brand of Dyno this is on (Mustang/Dynojet), My apologizes if I overlooked it posted somewhere else in this thread..

Dsm-oster does that mean a pump that should flow in the 300 lph area would flow enough to push 1450cc to 92%idc?

Last edited by a moderator:
If that is close to correct the most flow you could get from 2150s would be the same as the 1450s on 92%idc. So getting a bigger injector lowers duty cycle. Are there more benifits to using that big of injector? I am just trying to understand this cause ill be running e85 and a jayracing 044.

Thanks I've read stories of different dyno's reading differently...

Looks like this was done at CFT in orlando which are known for producing powerful imports.. Nice numbers again and look forward to more info!

we used CFT's dyno but this is my own build. But yes the guys at CFT do good work and are always there to give a hand

Hmm i was just in orlando about a month ago. Never saw any dsm's for the 2 weeks i was there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DSM-onster, you might be onto something. I too am interested to know the reason why this pump MIGHT be flowing so much.

I'm not sure I understand the skepticism. We all know calculated figures to not always correlate the same in the real world. To me a guy making 621 AWHP on the dyno is way more suggestive of the capabilities of this fuel pump than the bench tested numbers.

I'm not really concerned about the horsepower number. I was merely throwing that in there because though it jives with 77% IDC with 2150s and e88, the 77%idc on 2150s is FAR FAR FAR beyond the flow of this pump at 35psi boost plus base pressure of any value. So SOMETHING **appears** inflated/deflated. As I have said over and over in this thread already. In both threads I have said I could very well be missing something. . .And I'm looking for a legitimate explanation, not an entarweb drama arguement.

The flow values of the walbro 255hp pump based on the machine supplying data for that chart go along with every other walbro 255hp fuel flow test including the original walbro test charts. A fuel pump doesn't care about what horsepower you're outputting. It DOES care what flow you're demanding. As in, it won't flow 77% of 4 2150s at 35psi boost, if the test flow at the same pressure is 255lph (43psi base + 35psi boost). 77% of 4 2150s is about 400lph. The fuel flow of the pump is at 400lph when a total pressure of 20psi. And that is varified by a precise enough instrument to test a wally 255 pump to some symblance of accuracy. So the tested output flow per the chart for this new pump is likely not off by 150lph.

*****EDIT:
Are those numbers assuming the pump is rewired? I'm wondering if i'm at the limit or if i have a little room to go...

Ironically enough I'm running 30psi boost with 1000s at 92% IDC on a rewired 255hp with 11:1 AFR on gasoline.

Yes in my case.

Ans as well on the chart being discussed. The chart is based on an input voltage of 13.8V, which can only be achieved with a rewire or boost-a-pump.

Could it be possible that the amount of voltage that is being provided is above 14vdc? I didn't see a boost-a-pump being mentioned in the past but perhaps he has one installed and the voltage to the pump is being amplified to 17vdc. Just a thought.

Try explaining how I trapped 140mph on 93 and meth on only a single rewired 255? Every setup is different. Parts alone don't deliver performance.

Could it be possible that the amount of voltage that is being provided is above 14vdc? I didn't see a boost-a-pump being mentioned in the past but perhaps he has one installed and the voltage to the pump is being amplified to 17vdc. Just a thought.

I only did the standard rewire on the pump. Also somebody asked about if this has the whining noise like the 255 does and the answer is that in my case the pump is almost too quiet. i was pretty shocked when i first hooked it up. I thought it wasn't getting any power because of how quiet it was.

^ Thank you. I appreciate the real world results aside from all the stipulation in regards to the actual flow of the pump.

I'm not really concerned about the horsepower number. I was merely throwing that in there because though it jives with 77% IDC with 2150s and e88, the 77%idc on 2150s is FAR FAR FAR beyond the flow of this pump at 35psi boost plus base pressure of any value. So SOMETHING **appears** inflated/deflated. As I have said over and over in this thread already. In both threads I have said I could very well be missing something. . .And I'm looking for a legitimate explanation, not an entarweb drama arguement.

The flow values of the walbro 255hp pump based on the machine supplying data for that chart go along with every other walbro 255hp fuel flow test including the original walbro test charts. A fuel pump doesn't care about what horsepower you're outputting. It DOES care what flow you're demanding. As in, it won't flow 77% of 4 2150s at 35psi boost, if the test flow at the same pressure is 255lph (43psi base + 35psi boost). 77% of 4 2150s is about 400lph. The fuel flow of the pump is at 400lph when a total pressure of 20psi. And that is varified by a precise enough instrument to test a wally 255 pump to some symblance of accuracy. So the tested output flow per the chart for this new pump is likely not off by 150lph.

*****EDIT:

Yes in my case.

Ans as well on the chart being discussed. The chart is based on an input voltage of 13.8V, which can only be achieved with a rewire or boost-a-pump.

Based off what I did with the one walboro intank. Im gonna say this pump is significantly pushed past its limit and if a second pump is installed, the IDC % would take a significant drop.

Thats exactly how it worked with my fuel setup. 570whp(27psi+base fuel pressure) on one unrewired walboro 255. IDC% was very very high, but it still worked. Installed the inline 044 pump, and it dropped idc's a little over 20% with nothing else changed. Thats my guess as to what is happening here.

With that said, I honestly dont know if this pump would flow much more than a rewired walboro 255 would.

-Kevin-

Thank you! So this is a clear example of how far this pump can go if you want to push it to the absolute limit. . . This is great that as a single pump it can deliver just that little bit more to give you a nice ultimate goal/stopping-point with e85.

It appears per the graph, that it flows significantly more. And both the wally and this were tested at rewire voltage, 13.8volts.

Try explaining how I trapped 140mph on 93 and meth on only a single rewired 255? Every setup is different. Parts alone don't deliver performance.

Why are you bringing up trap speeds? No one is asking for an explanation as to why he made that power. Again, I already said that in the exact last post I put here. I'm only talking fuel flow here: %IDC and injector size. No matter the setup only a boost-a-pump type inclusion will alter flow of a pump beyond the flow on that machine.

Besides, considering you need 50% less gasoline than ethanol, yea, of course you should be able to trap 140mph even with a full weight 1g. 1000cc injectors and a single walbro 255hp can flow enough fuel for that (somewhere around 600whp or higher). It's great that now we have another single pump that can do that with ethanol. Hopefully it won't be too close to the price of a Bosch.

It looks like the test was done against a walbro 255hp in tank pump. But that new pump looks to flow even more than a single walbro inline pump too. Wally in-tank and in-line at 14V (instead of 13.8V that the test was done with this new pump):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And this new pump at 13.8V flows only 20LPH less at 35psi + 43psi base than a walbro 255 in-tank feeding a walbro 255 in-line at 14V.

Thank you! So this is a clear example of how far this pump can go if you want to push it to the absolute limit. . . This is great that as a single pump it can deliver just that little bit more to give you a nice ultimate goal/stopping-point with e85.

It appears per the graph, that it flows significantly more. And both the wally and this were tested at rewire voltage, 13.8volts.

Why are you bringing up trap speeds? No one is asking for an explanation as to why he made that power. Again, I already said that in the exact last post I put here. I'm only talking fuel flow here: %IDC and injector size. No matter the setup only a boost-a-pump type inclusion will alter flow of a pump beyond the flow on that machine.

Besides, considering you need 50% less gasoline than ethanol, yea, of course you should be able to trap 140mph even with a full weight 1g. 1000cc injectors and a single walbro 255hp can flow enough fuel for that (somewhere around 600whp or higher). It's great that now we have another single pump that can do that with ethanol. Hopefully it won't be too close to the price of a Bosch.

It looks like the test was done against a walbro 255hp in tank pump. But that new pump looks to flow even more than a single walbro inline pump too. Wally in-tank and in-line at 14V (instead of 13.8V that the test was done with this new pump):

And this new pump at 13.8V flows only 20LPH less at 35psi + 43psi base than a walbro 255 in-tank feeding a walbro 255 in-line at 14V.

This is sweet. These damn twin in-tanks keep hitting my sender float and it never goes lower then 1/4 tank. WTF.

Congrats fernan and armando good numbers and more for a stock internals engine

Good shit Fernando Jeanky told me about your new #'s the other day congrats and goodluck!

actually here is a sheet comparing both at 30psi

Seems like more than just swapping out the 264 cam made a 72awhp difference no?
E85 fuel vs racing fuel
different ignition system
different cam

Of course these will make a difference over just swapping out the cam.

Nice #'s though.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back