The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

621whp and 553Tq STOCK BLOCK by Ostar Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OstarMotorsport

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2010
orlando, Florida
Well guys we are back for the 2011 season and we just finished updating the car with some new products. We changed from hks 264/272 cams to a 272/272 hks set. We installed new fuel lines to be able to run e85, installed evo8 springs and retainers that replaced the stock 6 bolt ones, new spark tech cop and lastly a JayRacing PT341 pump intank. Everything else remains the same as our last posted dyno. We turned up the boost from 29 psi to 35 psi and here are the results

I want to thank my sponsors for the big help:

JayRacing.com
Fuel Injector Clinic
Torque Solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ9gfbxLrw8

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive.

Mostly because I'd never seen that fuel pump before and now I want one.

as far as I knew.. or read... you dont have to replace the fuel lines to be "able" to run e85...

nice numbers tho... good stuff...

your right ...i only changed the lines that go from the rail to stock hard lines and changed the stock filter with a metal filter. Also changed the stock rail to a FIC unit.

Awesome!:thumb: dyno #'s are look'in good on the stock block....good luck on your goals for 2011.
I have a quick question. Whats you timing up top and afr's???? Thanks for keeping us posted on you progress.You should be good for mid/low 10's@135ish now:hellyeah:

I think with a really nice SMIM you could give Mike Rizz. a "run for his money".... But I REALLY LIKE HOW YOUR DOING IT IN SMALL STAGES.Keep up the good work.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!:thumb: dyno #'s are look'in good on the stock block....good luck on your goals for 2011.
I have a quick question. Whats you timing up top and afr's???? Thanks for keeping us posted on you progress.You should be good for mid/low 10's@135ish now:hellyeah:

I think with a really nice SMIM you could give Mike Rizz. a "run for his money".... But I REALLY LIKE HOW YOUR DOING IT IN SMALL STAGES.Keep up the good work.....

timing up top is 16 degrees and AFR is 11.8 :)

what is the advantage of switching to evo 8 springs and retainers?
Seems like a good cheap mod for those of us trying to get power out of a mostly stock block.

your right ...i only changed the lines that go from the rail to stock hard lines and changed the stock filter with a metal filter. Also changed the stock rail to a FIC unit.

When you say "changed the lines that go form the rail to stock hard lines" do you mean you replace that rubber line that come out the hard metal line to the fuel rail? And why the need to change stock rail unit? and what about the hard fuel lines don't they need to be change as well. Sorry new to E85! :coy:

what is the advantage of switching to evo 8 springs and retainers?
Seems like a good cheap mod for those of us trying to get power out of a mostly stock block.

Because they are the lightest spring you can get for our 4g63, including the aftermarkets ones. Lighter mean, easy on the revs.

When you say "changed the lines that go form the rail to stock hard lines" do you mean you replace that rubber line that come out the hard metal line to the fuel rail? And why the need to change stock rail unit? and what about the hard fuel lines don't they need to be change as well. Sorry new to E85! :coy:

yes that correct. fuel rail was a bit bigger than the stock unit and looks pretty too :cool:

Because they are the lightest spring you can get for our 4g63, including the aftermarkets ones. Lighter mean, easy on the revs.

evo are beehive also

evo are beehive also

Why an FIC rail? Is it cause you are sponsored by them or because you feel it's necessary. To my knowledge, you don't need an aftermarket fuel rail unless you're running huge power.

Oh and the jayracing pump is sufficient enough to support 600+ HP by itself?

So STOCK bottom end? stock crank, rods, pistons? I can't believe this? somebody smack me and wake me up!OMG

Yes, stock crank, rods, pistons, head ports, intake manifold, throttle body, cam gears ect ect ect :) Just the right combination of parts and a good tune, you'll be amazed at the kind of abuse these stock engines can take

We replaced everything from the stock fuel filter to the FPR. We had to install a metal fuel filter to run E85 and from there a bigger line to eliminate the stock fitting that goes to the fuel rail which is a big restriction, the rail was replaced because FIC is one of our sponsors and they wanted to us to try the rail plus a little bit of more volume doesn't hurt either ;) it is not neccesary to replace the stock hard lines to run e85 but if you can afford to change them then might as well do it hehehe but we like simplicity so we left them alone

Why an FIC rail? Is it cause you are sponsored by them or because you feel it's necessary. To my knowledge, you don't need an aftermarket fuel rail unless you're running huge power.

Oh and the jayracing pump is sufficient enough to support 600+ HP by itself?

Well as of right now the fuel pump is supporting the HP by itself just make sure that it is rewired

Last edited:
Awesome numbers on our new pump! I too would be curious to know the IDC on these last runs.

Awesome numbers on our new pump! I too would be curious to know the IDC on these last runs.

looks like you guys did a good job with your new pumps for them to flow that much! I have a 255intank and an inline 044 making less power than the OP and Im out of fuel on e85 with 1600cc injectors. Time for a new fuel setup that can handle 600+. ;)

Gotta remember that this car is awd so the readings will be different between the two

Gotta remember that this car is awd so the readings will be different between the two

I understand but they are both stock 6 bolts. maybe its a stock AWD 6 bolt record.
You guys should come back down to PBIR so we can line em up;) We've got a few cars down here that do ok at the track.

I understand but they are both stock 6 bolts. maybe its a stock AWD 6 bolt record.
You guys should come back down to PBIR so we can line em up;) We've got a few cars down here that do ok at the track.

True that both are stock 6 bolt's anyways arguing about dyno numbers would make both of us benchracers hehe which is pointless all we care are the numbers at the track :) also we will go down there as soon as NSCRA begins unless we can come up with some DSM meet or something

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back