The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

621whp and 553Tq STOCK BLOCK by Ostar Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twin intanks (parallel) FAR FAR FAR outflow the single wally inline, wally pumps in series, or this new pump.

You are talking about the good 'ole double pumper, right? And what turbo are these numbers done on?

You are talking about the good 'ole double pumper, right? And what turbo are these numbers done on?

Yes. . . And pumps don't care what turbos are hanging off the block.

As mentioned in the other thread, deadtime may be a factor in why the pump **appears** to flow so much more. I have just been using my 1450s for a little while now. And the OP is using 2150s, which are even bigger. Deadtime can affect total %IDC. And that is the obvious nuance that I was looking for to understand this situation. That is what seams to be what I was asking for what I'm overlooking.

Last edited by a moderator:
your stock 6 bolt is 7.8:1 or 8.5 ?

do you think i can do the same with my 6 bolt stock 600whp

i have everything to put this number but its a bit scary LOLl.

It is a stock 6 bolt 7.8:1 compression motor and as long as the engine is in good shape and has a good tune/setup I don't why it wouldn't make 600whp

How was it tuning the car at idle with the 2150's?

I heard anything over 1250cc is a bi*** to tune.

I see I need to get that fuel pump though.:thumb:

1450 blue max injectors here run like stock with the deadtime and global dialed in. And they were dialed in actually a bit faster than my old 1000cc FIC injectors. Once you get to +1600, things get kind of haywire. . . And the easytune box is a godsend for such.

1450 blue max injectors here run like stock with the deadtime and global dialed in. And they were dialed in actually a bit faster than my old 1000cc FIC injectors. Once you get to +1600, things get kind of haywire. . . And the easytune box is a godsend for such.
Hhhmmmm 1450's I think would give me room to run E85 as well so I might have to take you up on that info. Thanks.
BUT I have gotten info on the FIC 2150 high imp inj are supposed to be easy to tune and don't nd the easy tune box(http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/461387-fic-2150cc-notes.html) so that's why I am kinda waiting on the OP's input.

Last edited:
coming from a set of 1600cc precision to these 2150cc fic's the car was way easier to tune and didnt need the easy tune box. I am very impressed on how well these injectors work.

Yea considering that thread and some things John has talked to me about, I'd definately upgrade to the 2150s if I ever needed that much fuel; it's nice to see them successful without a driver box. 1450s are plenty for 600whp e85 cars and I'm not shooting for the moon. But think about it, you need 1.5 times the fuel flow for methanol than you need for ethanol, so 2150s should be good for 600whp running methanol as a primary fuel :hmm: . . . I like that thought. No coolant system, no charge cooler of any sort (no need for meth injection).

yea considering that thread and some things john has talked to me about, i'd definately upgrade to the 2150s if i ever needed that much fuel; it's nice to see them successful without a driver box. 1450s are plenty for 600whp e85 cars and i'm not shooting for the moon. But think about it, you need 1.5 times the fuel flow for methanol than you need for ethanol, so 2150s should be good for 600whp running methanol as a primary fuel :hmm: . . . I like that thought. No coolant system, no charge cooler of any sort (no need for meth injection).

^
+1

What kind of air flow are you guys logging?

I have the JayRacing PT342 and am flowing 67lb a minute at 33 PSI on a Billet 6262 JB on Pump 93 with meth. My base fp is 43.5 and I have 1600cc injectors with an IDC around 70%

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of air flow are you guys logging?

I have the JayRacing PT342 and am flowing 67lb a minute at 33 PSI on a Billet 6262 JB on Pump 93 with meth. My base fp is 43.5 and I have 1600cc injectors with an IDC around 70%

i cant really tell you the exact numbers but im running a 37r and at 35psi.

making 600whp on a stock motor do you think it would be a great idea to change de rod bearing and change the rod bolt for some arp.

Of course! . . . And then it wouldn't be stock. :toobad: . . . This is a goal oriented setup. Set a goal. Then research what others who have been there suggest. If you want to break his record, then don't ask if its a good idea to change rod bolts.This is a recordable result for crying out loud. . .

Of course! . . . And then it wouldn't be stock. :toobad: . . . This is a goal oriented setup. Set a goal. Then research what others who have been there suggest. If you want to break his record, then don't ask if its a good idea to change rod bolts.This is a recordable result for crying out loud. . .

Stock block is a "stock block". ARP nut's and bolt's don't change that. I guess B-shaft removal put's you in the same league as a built block? Just keep it simple.:nono:

ARP rod bolts certainly DO alter how much a block can rev to and tolerate. . .

You can say a filled block with methanol for fuel is a stock block too; if we're going to use these: " ". But we don't because we know that pulling shafts and swapping head bolts has nothing to do with how much the stock block hardware can tolerate. Everything else not mentioned about a build that is "stock block" is "keeping secrets". . . Flat out lieing.:nono: . . . :)

Yes no b-shafts could save a block that is being pushed. But we're all out for the same goal. And removing shafts doesn't add to or take away from the limits of the stock hardware supplied. It's only that a spun b-shaft may prevent you from seeing the limits of the stock hardware. Different fasteners, like different rods/pistons, means different limits. For talondrift it would be advisable to upgrade. Because he is on "stock block". But it is possible, as proven here even, not to need to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back