The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

621whp and 553Tq STOCK BLOCK by Ostar Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nice i hope you hit 9 sec good luck:thumb: with the stock block to handle the maximum pass you can do with it !!

when will you have more of these fuel pumps in stock?
We have the 342 (1G FWD & all 2Gs) in stock, as well as the 341 (1G AWD) in stock. Only ones not in stock are the Mustang style with large center inlet.

Jay

Do you feel that there would be a large amount to be gained by moving away from a bolton turbo due to the excessive backpressure created by E85?

Do you feel that there would be a large amount to be gained by moving away from a bolton turbo due to the excessive backpressure created by E85?

i have given that some thought and i'm sure the car would have some gain by switching back housings but right now it has a great power band for what i rev it to which is 8k. I might loose some torque down low by switching housings. Either way i think it would be nice to get closer to the stock block record running the stock intake manifold and the dsm back housing. I'm making a few changes at the moment and will problably hit the track again next week to see if we can hit better numbers. I'll keep you guys up to date.

low 15's to high 14's is what a completly stock 2g fwd does with a good driver
\

actually here is a sheet comparing both at 30psi

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Would'nt the hp difference also be affected because you tested with two different fuels and ignition setups? Not just a cam swap?

Figured there was not much diference going from a HKS 264 intake to a 272 intake?

Your absolutely right... I cannot tell for sure what the gain from the cam swap was because fuel was switched over to e85. Great gain either way for what was changed ;)

Your absolutely right... I cannot tell for sure what the gain from the cam swap was because fuel was switched over to e85. Great gain either way for what was changed ;)

Oh absolutely! I just did not think the camshaft from 264 to 272 alone would raise your HP that much. Definitely fuel ,your fuel set up for E85 and ignition helped quite a bit. However keep up the good work ,I'm watching to see how much u guys get out of her using the stock intake mani. Impressive!:thumb:

I looked on FP's website and didn't see the listing for the 88HTA turbo you say your running. Care to share the spec's on it? I swear I saw it up there a while back, but it's not there now? I'm looking for lbs / min and what housing (turbine and compressor cover) your using. Thanks :)

What IDC's are your injectors at? What size slicks do you use?

I looked on FP's website and didn't see the listing for the 88HTA turbo you say your running. Care to share the spec's on it? I swear I saw it up there a while back, but it's not there now? I'm looking for lbs / min and what housing (turbine and compressor cover) your using. Thanks :)

The turbo has been discontinued for some time now, the turbo flows 80 lbs/min if I remember correctly and it has the FP bolt on turbine housing and their regular S cover.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back