The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My 20g results on stock motor laser.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dang. Too bad, I would have liked to have seen you really push this set-up. This turbo is often overlooked these days. People forget that this was the first 10 second turbo set-up. I love the MHI reliability and the torque these turbos make. I have one on my car. Either way, good thread.
I know I loved the turbo and all but it just didn't have enough top end so i sold it for more than my new setup which is just a bolt on hx-35 which will easily get me in the tens and I wont have to push the turbo so hard.

^Well, don't get your hopes down just yet. I have this coming up...

Fresh 6 bolt, 2g pistons, 1g rods.
SIM 275 cams, EVO 9 beehive springs/retainers
ARP Head Studs
Port Matched/Polished 2g Exhaust Manifold.
3in Exhaust
Walbro 255
Aeromotive AFPR
Bosch "1680"s (huge I know, got them for a GREAT price though).
100% e85
TD05H 20g, shimmed WGA.
POS ebay intercooler (will be getting replaced)

So pretty much an exact copy of the car above, FWD too. I won't settle for less than 400whp/tq on paper :)
If you dont hit 400/400 something is wrong!

I'm going a similar same route. I ran a tdo5h 20g that I made out of a blown evo III 16g for months. Ran an 11.8@122 with a crappy stock 5 speed. Then I switched over to a hx35 bolt on turbo and ran 11.5@125 and trapped a best of 127. I just finished the auto swap on my car last week and I tried a launch last night.. I was able to build 20psi on the converter in about 8-9 seconds, needless to say, it launched like a bat outta hell. Looks like this hx35 won't need nitrous, we shall see at the track next weekend. I still have my old 20g in a plastic bag in the garage, makes for a nice "backup" turbo.

I know I loved the turbo and all but it just didn't have enough top end so i sold it for more than my new setup which is just a bolt on hx-35 which will easily get me in the tens and I wont have to push the turbo so hard.
QUOTE]

I think I'll be content with mine for a while. My talon is FWD so there are limits to what I am willing to strap on the car. A 20g is perfect for me. I just want a fun DD and that is what I got.

QUOTE]

I think I'll be content with mine for a while. My talon is FWD so there are limits to what I am willing to strap on the car. A 20g is perfect for me. I just want a fun DD and that is what I got.

I don't know, i have a td05h 20g on my awd, and it's pretty uncontrollable in the lower gears without my drag radials on it. If i were to run one on a fwd, i would probably run it in the 10cm t3 housing, or run a td06h version, with some big cams to keep the power higher in the rpm range.

I don't know, i have a td05h 20g on my awd, and it's pretty uncontrollable in the lower gears without my drag radials on it. If i were to run one on a fwd, i would probably run it in the 10cm t3 housing, or run a td06h version, with some big cams to keep the power higher in the rpm range.

Yeah I have the 10cm T3 housing. Running stock cams for now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back