The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

4g64 Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaronk56

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
st.john, Indiana
I have a 97 Spyder Automatic. I was going to get a small turbo with an internal wastegate of 7psi. run the oil lines and small intercooler and a bov. I have a AEM Timing gear..

remember this is a single cam.. I want to know if i can get this to work with these parts. I'm very talented in welding and such and if i blew the engine i would rebuild with a 2.0 head. but for now i would like to rock the single cam. any suggestions. And i would also need help on how to time it right i have the AEM to adjust the timing and i know if you turbo you need to retard it.

Guys i got some money saved and i really just want a little omf out of my daily! so dsm wizards guide me (but don't flame ) I'm 18 and now starting college and owned many cars. My mom says if i buy another one I'm out of the house and i got a awesome deal on this NT but I'know "its eaiser to buy a gst" but yea then theres rent. hah

Thanks Jaron!

This is my car, a 99 Eclipse Spyder gs and yes its an auto and yes its turbo. Parts meant for the 4g63T will bolt on with some or no modifications. Just to let you know Im running a big t-28 and with no boost controller I can run 7 psi if the pressure line is hooked straight to the actuator

Attachments

• Turbo 4g64.JPG
    Turbo 4g64.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 645
  • 4g64 sideM.JPG
    4g64 sideM.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 473
SlowSpyder, how much power are putting to the ground on that setup?

Honestly I dont know. I havent been able to fully tune the car yet because of boost leaks.

SlowSpyder said:
Honestly I dont know. I havent been able to fully tune the car yet because of boost leaks.

WOW! tell me if this was worth it? Big increase?

exactly what i want to do

Jaronk56, Did I think it was worth it..... yes. Did other think the same way.....no
Everybody told me to just buy a gst but im very stubborn and i just did it any way. Trust me there is a big difference from the car being turbo and non turbo, lets just say it will make you smile.

ilikespeeding, whats wrong with the size filter i have on right now??

Yes well i do know how people shoot down ideas like ducks in this forum...
I think i'm going to get started. SlowSpyder do you think like a turbokit on ebay for a 4g63... with headers and jazz would be a good place to start... 700 bucks then build up from there?:thumb:

take your pick, if it was meant for 4g63 then the manifold will bolt on along with the turbo and o2 housing. Just make sure that at minimum use a turbo ecu and an afc.

Im not saying that it is restrictive, but I would say that theres a good possiblity that it could be restricting. I would go with a larger filter if it were me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back