The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g talon awd standard trans W5M3 diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98talonawdtsi

Probationary Member
Mar 26, 2023
MB_Canada
New to the forum. Looking for a diagram or photo of shift fork assembly. I pulled the trans apart about a year ago and now can't recall the reassembly sequence. If you have additional assembly info for the trans that's ok by me! Thank all.

Hows this
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

DUDE! You are a savior! Thank you! Do you have other views (like a 360 degree of the one you sent? ) pulled it apart thinking it won't be long... then life happens... and a year later I'm wishing I took more pics!

I actually grabbed that off of Google. If it makes you feel better, I had NEVER had a W5M33 apart until last year. They were "intimidating" me with the 2 rail shift system but once I got it apart, it really is a piece of art. I understand them now and put 2 transmissions together that were in totes and just parts. I use them as "test" transmissions if I have a question. I just take the bolts out (I didn't seal either trans) and take a look. The following pictures are a 1g AWD but are so close to the same, you should be able to see what you want. I took pictures as I went back together with mine. Here they are:

Attachments

• To do the job.docx
    16.4 KB · Views: 13
Hey thanks. That's awesome! Quick rookie question W5M3 vs W5M33? Anything to be noted?
Quick smartass answer - its missing a 3
To my knowledge (and it isn't that vast on Mitsu transmissions), there isn't just a W5M3.
@steve??? What you say???

Quick whimsical response... oh ya? LOL Clearly I'm a rook so my ears are open.

and in terms of the pictures posted above. mine is like the first pic with the three hole shift fork. This also might be a franken car so maybe my numbers are unknowingly off?

There is a flat boss that has the serial numbers on it on the transmission. It will say W5M33 :)

Why wasn't I on here long ago? Thanks y'all! Hopefully I can get this reassembled and back on the road. Don't see many around so it's neat to bring a bit of nostalgia back to the street scenery

The reason it has a W5M3 only on that spot is because they used the same casting for W5M31 and W5M33 cases.
I was NOT going to smart ass and remark that the case fit W5M30 thru 39 transmissions.
Thanks @steve and @twicks69 for that clarification for the thread.
@98talonawdtsi , the MAN to ask about this is @twicks69 .
He is the transmission GURU so his word is as good as it gets. He helped me get my transmission parts and assembly along with @pauleyman .
Those guys were of the most help to me and I can never thank them enough.

Last edited:
I need to go easy, it seems like I've been scaring off the new members lately. They ask something, I ask them to say it so I can understand them, and they run off.

The wife says it's making me cranky and thinks I should move to Galt, CA

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back