The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AWD Talon Transmission Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rough

Proven Member
Nov 12, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
My Talon makes this horrible noise at light throttle or when I let off it.

I'm thinking it's the TQ converter, as I have to give it a good amount of throttle to get it moving from a dead stop.

If I simply put it into drive and let off the brake, it doesn't always move. Sometimes it will.

I usually drive with my forced 4 shift box on, as driving around on the auto controls seems like gears are slipping or not down shifting correctly all the time.

I have no issues on the forced 4 box.

I feel a loss of power before boost kicks in, but I'm sure this is just because it's auto and I'm accustomed to the 5 speed.

I'm currently on a e316g running 25lbs on SD. I can't chirp the tires period... Coming from a GST I use to be able to light them up in 3rd...

If I brake boost, I will leave tread marks on the ground, but never spinning.

Here is a quick vid of the sound.

Any help is appreciated.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If everything works with the shift box then it's probably not your TQ..more likely your tcu or wiring (or something else)..
And dude..auto AWD isn't gonna light em up like your fwd 5 speed..

Thanks for the reply's!

Damn... Guess I've got some research on diffs to do!

Here is a video of it not wanting to move.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back