The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink 2G - injector circuit malfunction DTC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had this exact same issue and it was also reporting the same cylinder as you. I checked everything you checked, continuity, voltage, ohms, swapped injectors around. all same results as you. I looked at ECU. Looked good to me (an untrained eye). but sent it out to ECM tuning anyway. Sure enough, I was told the caps were just starting to leak. they were replaced, and the code hasn't come back since. So I'm betting you will be good once you get it back :thumb:

Behold - the report from ECM Tuning:

The comments for your order are

We've examined your ECU. The ECU has damage from capacitor leakage. There is damage to the injector-circuit monitoring function that is causing false injector-circuit malfunction indications. There is also damage to the battery voltage monitoring circuit that I would expect to be causing the tune to be unstable.

We estimate that the time to repair the ECU will be 40 minutes. With credit for 20 minutes paid with the service request, we estimate that the balance due will be for 20 minutes, $44. Please let us know if we have a go-ahead to proceed with the repairs.

Thanks,

--
Dave Mertz
ECMTuning, Inc.

We estimate that the time to repair the ECU will be 40 minutes. With credit for 20 minutes paid with the service request, we estimate that the balance due will be for 20 minutes, $44. Please let us know if we have a go-ahead to proceed with the repairs.

Thanks,

--
Dave Mertz
ECMTuning, Inc.

Wow, well that was awesomely worthwhile then.
Thanks for the exact copy/paste of their reply to you. That's the best way whenever possible!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back