The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Blew i/c pipe, now Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
So I'm driving along this past weekend and started getting into the throttle when an intercooler pipe coupler came out. At THAT very instant, the MafRaw went to about 25hz, Airflow went to 0.0 lb/min, as well as AirflowPerRev went to 0.

I tried a working GM maf out of my other car but still the same result. Disconnected the cable and checked for continuity at the ground, pink, and white wires and the only one that had continuity was the ground. But not sure how it's wired inside the cover of the cable.

I can't see it being the cable though being that it happened exactly at the point that the I/c pipe blew and the wiring wasn't affected in any way. I'm guessing the maf takes all the readings of the above mentioned??? No safc or other tuning device has ever touched this car either as I saw it being a suggestion in another thread. Log posted.

Eh, I found the problem. The wire was in there but not connected. Re-soldered the wire back into the end and it's back to normal. Timing of it was sure odd though. Anyway, thanks for looking :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• Volume air flow circuit malfunction.elg
    24.1 KB · Views: 39
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back