The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G AWD Front Wheel Bearing Questions - Parts Interchangeability with 3G and Evo ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Listen to JNZ :)

You want the pre-99 hubs, and you want OEM Mitsubishi - they are the only hubs I have found that accept OEM Mitsu or Mitsu-spec ARP wheel studs.

If you are not concerned about replacing a broken stud, or if you intend replacing them all with ARP studs that you have not already purchased, you can use one of the non-name hubs - otherwise you need a Mitsu hub. They're only a few buck more, so it's not really worth scratching around on the others...

Not to cramp JNZ's profit margin, but the last set I got (recently) were well cheaper than the ones you linked to...

Charles

Chris,
Give us a ring or shoot us an email, we can help you on these:
OEM Front Hub & Bearing-2G DSM : JNZ Tuning

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Will do. I'd rather buy from you guys anyway, but the last few times I tried using your OEM parts catalog on the site I had some trouble so I just went the Google route.

Will do. I'd rather buy from you guys anyway, but the last few times I tried using your OEM parts catalog on the site I had some trouble so I just went the Google route.

No worries Chris,
The OEM catalog can be handy but it does has its limitations. We have started cataloging more & more OEM items with real pictures and descriptions over the last year to make it easier. As always if you don't find what you are looking for or are just unsure on an item, certainly contact us.

Ok, back from the dead, I am doing some bearing "upgrade" research and I am in need of some information. I don't have my car around me currently, so if someone has a set of junk front/rear hub assemblies sitting around, I am looking for the exact dimensions of the wheel bearings.

I need: ID (mm), OD (mm), and thickness (mm). If there are any serial markings/part number markings, that would be helpful too!

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Another update to this thread regarding front wheel bearings, wheel stud knurl diameter and associated part numbers....

I picked up a set of Timken 513157 front hub assemblies, and the knurl diameter is 0.500", so you will need to use ARP 100-7708 wheel studs with them. The ARP studs are 0.509" knurl diameter without the quick-start nose and are 2.500" long of actual threading, so use an open ended 48mm lug nut with these.

Thankfully, these are the cheaper priced wheel studs ~$15.00 per set of 5.

I have a special tool stud installer and I use open end studs with hand tools while using a press or vise. That sucks though, I had that happen in the past once using an impact.

Can I swap the Hub assembly from a '92 Eagle Talon onto a '97 Eagle Talon??

Bringing this back again.

Reason being is that I am wondering what I would need I do in order modify my wheel bearing to fit an evo 8 bearing? I am using a fully awd evo 8 conversion in my car, and the most difficult part is to solve the front axel problem. If I can I woul like to use the oem evo 8 axels with modified front hub assemblies to fit the different axle spline.

My only other route is to go with custom axles, but if one ever breaks I'll be down for quite a awhile waiting to have more made.

If anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it.

Bringing this back again.

Reason being is that I am wondering what I would need I do in order modify my wheel bearing to fit an evo 8 bearing? I am using a fully awd evo 8 conversion in my car, and the most difficult part is to solve the front axel problem. If I can I woul like to use the oem evo 8 axels with modified front hub assemblies to fit the different axle spline.

My only other route is to go with custom axles, but if one ever breaks I'll be down for quite a awhile waiting to have more made.

If anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it.

Digging this back up. I'm also curious about this. Are the hubs similar diameter, where one can be pressed into the other bearing? Maybe with some machine work on a lathe?

Clearly DSS does something of the sort? https://www.driveshaftshop.com/impo...hp-level-5-kit-with-27-spline-2g-differential

Hey Guys,

Just looking to see if anyone can confirm parts interchangeability between the front wheel bearings for 2G AWD DSM's vs. 3G Eclipse and Evo 8/9's.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
2G AWD DSM's:
The front wheel bearing part number for 94-1999.03.3 is MR455004.
The front wheel bearing part number for 1999.04.1 - 1999.04.3 is MR334386.

3G Eclipse
The front wheel bearing part number for 99-2005 is MR334386.

Evo 8/9:
The front wheel bearing part number for 2002-2007 is MB914617.

With that said......

Can anyone confirm that the Evo 8 hub assembly (wheel bearing/hub and studs) bolts up to a 2G AWD front spindle, and has the SAME dimensions as the 2G AWD and 3G Eclipse?

The Evo 8 wheel bearing is the cheapest of the three, hence why I have questions! :D

Thanks guys!

I didn't use part numbers, I just looked up parts for a '97 Eclipse AWD.

Last edited:
The knuckle hub pattern is different on evos after 5 so 6-9 is different.
Im currently useing evo 5 bearings as they never changed the design untill the 6!

The hub flange the wheel bolts to should be the same size and shouod be able to be swapped from what know and seen bearing size wise. I would expect the bearing taper for the flange to be the same but this is unknown by me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back