The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder 1998 4g64 GS Spyder Hard Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert_Ard

Probationary Member
Sep 19, 2013
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
Hello Guys, this is my First Post with DSM TUNERS so please be nice!

Last week my car started Idleing Really hard only in Neutral, or when the Clutch is in. Driving it is Perfectly fine.... it almost sounded like the Idle of a 60's Mustang.... with a Four Cylinder LOL.

i started with Changing my Spark Plugs / wires got NGK on both. Didnt Fix
Then Noticed my airbox was Cracked open....
took apart my whole Intake and Noticed my MAF was clogged.... thought this was the answer! after Unclogging it i Noticed there was some Oil in the Intake housing so i Replaced my PVC Valve, along with Cleaning my whole Intake housing.

Started it up last night acted fine thought she was fixxed... then tryed to Pull it outside and it started acting up agian. at the moment i am Replacing my Fuel Filter, and Starting from the Fuel Side just to see what will happen.
Any help will be helpful, im not thinking it is a Streched Timing belt Because the Engine would be shot if it Slipped.

As quoted any help will be nice starting out here and i need my car back Thanks guys!

Do you have a CEL? If not I would check the vaccum lines especially if it is stalling out and the rpms drop really low. The fuel filter would cause missing during acclerations. MOST of the time fuel filters will outlast the car unless you putting crappy gas in the car. I would plug all plugs and check them and as well as check to make sure the ignition coil is functioning correctly. To be honest there are a lot things that would cause the issue. Also, if you look at the top of your throttle body their is a screw you can adjust as well try that and see what happens.

By hard idle I'm assuming low idle when you push the clutch in and put it in neutral (correct me if I'm wrong), if that's the case your idle air control valve may be clogged. Clean it out and see if it helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back