The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1995 10 sec FWD build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's good to see you moving forward more and more with your build. It's been a inspiration for my build as well. I'm slowly getting parts I need to finish my new block. I was starting to pull some really good 1.7 60' towards the end before the motor let go. So tractions there with a nice long burnout on the qtp's. I'm going to run a hx35 at first and go from there. Looking forward to seeing your next passes in the beast.

Last edited:
Very nice car and well thought out:hellyeah:, sorry to hear about the mishap, any idea if the shift box was to blame possibly? I'll be installing the same one, so I'm very curious. Good luck w/ get'n back on the road, maybe I'll see you at the track someday if I can ever get mine on the road.:thumb:

Thanks for the nice words. I'm not 100% sure what caused the downshifting. It could have been the trans on its way out and just not holding the power. It could have been the shift box. I ended up switching the transmission and the shift box to eliminate either one LOL.

I changed up my track tire setup. I went with a 26x8.5x15in slick on a weld 15x8 rim. Should net me some better 60fts. Hopefully my tunning session goes well Monday and I'm back at the track on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I went to the tuner with an unsucsessful outcome. I'm having a very weird fuel pressure issue where the car loses pressure randomly under normal acceleration. I already checked the tuning side through AEM, the fuel pressure regulator, and the voltage to the pumps. I also got the injectors cleaned and cleaned the fuel filter. Im going to check the fuel filter again along with the lines and pumps themselves. I really have no idea what it could be so Im just gonna keep checking things until I figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions Im more than willing to hear them out!!!!

Im just shocked you made it in the 11s with a stock differential!
Awesome build and great inspiration for us FWD guys. I like the auto too, after i get a quaife put in next year if i dont like it, im going auto too. Constant power is nice

Ya the diff has held up just fine. I put an LSD in the car when it was a 5 speed and it didn't do anything. It still cut 1.75-1.85 60fts and spun 3rd gear on the street. So when I switched to auto I didn't even bother with the diff.

Finally a good update!

I took the car to the tuner today to get the tune checked. On the way to the dyno which is about 70mi away the alternator belt threw itself. I had a friend bring another belt and changed it on the side of the highway. Finally got down there and strapped it down.

First pull- made 520whp on wastegate (23lbs)
then 580 at 30lbs and 620 on 35lbs. I told the tuner to aim for 600 and a conservative tune. Its a little down on power due to that but should still get it done. We let it cool down for a second and when we went to fire it back up it was making a knocking noise. The starter solenoid came loose from the starter. Pretty crazy I thought one of my eagles were trying to fly away. Got that situated and made the drive back home. No I need to get my slicks mounted on the rims and hit the track.

Last edited:
what kind of issues you having with the auto conversion? I'm leary about making that change since i did the AWD swap to manual (and that woulda been the time to go auto since almost all the parts are different)

Also have you thought about a staging break to the front wheels?? I made mine with stock mitsu parts and some machining but saved a TON over buying one like the CNC kit. mine isn't permanent mounted yet but i plan to replace the e-brake with it when i find a way to lock it in place top park and it's warm enough i'm not in a ton of pain to plumb it permanently

Oh man I have had the worst luck with the auto swap so far. When I first swapped I put a stock auto in with an IPT valve body with a roadsurge shift box. Right from the start it had issues shifting. Doing some tunning it downshifted and warped the flex plate. Got that fixed and went to the track. It downshifted again but this time it blew up everything pretty much. So I put all that back together but got a built tranny from a local automatic tranny place down here. Well they ripped a seal up son assembly so that set me back another month. Now I finally got the car tuned but I still don't know if the tranny will shift under power. All it does is spin on the street.

As for the staging brake, I haven't looked into it but I would be interested in one for sure since it pushes through the brakes now.

Mandy- sorry man I have been very busy with work. After the holidays ill give you a call.

Got an update. I got the ARP extended studs installed. I just need to put the brakes back on and it should be ready to go.
wheelstuds_zpsecc2cced.jpg

Here are my drag radials for the street and slicks for the track. Picture sucks though LOL
tires_zps3f512203.jpg

I finally painted the car. I hated red and my paint was in the worst shape since the PO got some cheap paint job. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think..
green6_zps3a3c393c.jpg

green5_zps04ddce27.jpg

green4_zps16d95ba7.jpg

Wow, really liking that color. How soon until you're able to hit the track?

Wow, really liking that color. How soon until you're able to hit the track?

I've gone to two track events so far but they are not timed. They are Street Racing Made Safe events which is where you street race at a track pretty much. You can do digs all the way up to 60 rolls. I go to these things to hang out and mess with the boost curve, shift points, stuff like that so when I do go to our 1/4 track everything is dialed in except the launch. I will be going next wednesday or friday. I got a vacuum pump installed so I'm hoping that will hold the car back at the line.

Mean green looking nice...paint that fmic up for the super sleeper look

How can ya drive around on the steets with dr's do you just never hit boost ..haahaha

Mean green looking nice...paint that fmic up for the super sleeper look

How can ya drive around on the steets with dr's do you just never hit boost ..haahaha

thanks. I don't like to beat on the car much on the street but it hooks from a 50 roll good enough with the boost turned down to about 30lbs.

It looks good, the green really makes the race car look/function appear. Must be that military color that gives it the edge of looking almost unstreetable race car vibe.

I finally made some decent passes down the track tonight. Went 10.95@138, 10.6@139, 10.5@141, and my last pass which was my best, 10.2@141. Im pretty excited since all I changed was the auto and picked up a bunch. I think there is more in it too with a better 60ft. I didn't spin at all so I think I can leave more aggressively.
102_zps330f5a97.jpg

not bad for a car built out of my garage LOL. You can even see my tool cart. (A wagon)
garage_zpsb985910a.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back