The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

WIW stock 1g AWD cat converter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMopar

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2007
Vista, California
Used, 106k miles... Seems like alot of people want it, is there states that require a 'stock' converter?

No, WIW = what's it worth. I'm trying to find out what this cat converters worth... I don't want to sell it for peanuts if it's worth something...

I know that You its illegal to buy used cc here in iowa. You can make bombs from that stuff.

I know that You its illegal to buy used cc here in iowa. You can make bombs from that stuff.

Really? Can you make bombs from new catalytic converters?

OP: Go look through the classifieds and see what folks are selling them for. Or eBay.

I imagine there are plenty out there from people putting aftermarket catless or hi-flow cats on their 1g AWDs.

Really? Can you make bombs from new catalytic converters?

OP: Go look through the classifieds and see what folks are selling them for. Or eBay.

I imagine there are plenty out there from people putting aftermarket catless or hi-flow cats on their 1g AWDs.

Its federal law that you can sell used cc. BIG trouble you should be able to find new ones but not used.

I had a kid total his car and it was sent to the local junk yard that had a hi flow cc and they told me that they couldnt sell it to me that its a federal law and they wouldnt lie to me i was the best man in his sons wedding.

Take it to a metal scrap yard; if I do recall, catalytic converters contain some valuable platinum metal. I've heard people get anywhere from $75-$150 for them.

Its federal law that you can sell used cc. BIG trouble you should be able to find new ones but not used.

I had a kid total his car and it was sent to the local junk yard that had a hi flow cc and they told me that they couldnt sell it to me that its a federal law and they wouldnt lie to me i was the best man in his sons wedding.

I guess I don't get it. But government doesn't always make sense. Wonder what they use from it that's useful in a bomb.

I have no clue. So if I ever get in trouble for not having a CC I will tell the cop its all his fault since i couldnt but a used one LOL

75-150 is way too much for a cat converter at a scrap yard....

Right now the prices of metals are up yes...
but no where near that price.....

Cat converters range in price according to size.....big diesel cats will fetch more that little gas cats...

Youd be really really lucky to get 50 dollars for a cat at a scrap yard from a dsm....but you have to make sure the honey combs are intact and their not either hollowed/ gutted out or blocked with some black crud....
Their not worth jack then....

Youd probably make 20-25 bucks off that cat converter

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back