The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Wiring harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElementDO

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2006
Hagerstown, Maryland
This stupid $%# that owned this eclipse before cut wires to splice into them on the stock harness and the fuse box in the engine compartment is all messed up as well. The retard cut the wires, twisted them together and taped them for anything he did to the car electrically. Where can I find wiring harness' and fuse box for a 95 eclipse GST online? Also, does it matter if I get automatic or manual wiring harness'? Thanks guys!

I bought one off eBay for about $100, have you bothered looking?
There are also quite a few vendors that have parts cars that could pull a harness for you.

Thanks guys. There isn't a website that sells them for our cars?

The differences in the wiring harness don't change between GS-T and GSX but they do change. There are (4) different 2g wiring harnesses...
  1. '95-'96 A/T harness
  2. '95-'96 M/T harness
  3. '97-'99 A/T harness
  4. '97-'99 M/T harness
Depending on which year and transmission type the harness came out of will require you to change a few things on your car if it isn't the EXACT same as your model 2g. For example, if you get a '97-'99 wiring harness you'd have to re-wire your CAS and swap your spark plug wires since you've got a '95 DSM.

:dsm:

always check your local craigslist first. m & s recycling can sell you some too but theyre expensive.

Oh yes, you can buy them from JNZTuning, but they're a minimum of $700 each.

97-99 will fit 95-96 no problem all plug and play. only difference is the 95-96 harness will have extra wires to the coolant over flow tank. which if i remember right i just unplug that wire and reattached it to the 97-99 harness. no biggie brother when pull he harness off just put them side by side you will see. all harness from 2g turbo will fit make sure its not from a n/a. trust me my 95-96 harness fried up and i was able to put a 2gb harness in.

forgot too add the fog light clips will be different.. good if you have 2gb front.

97-99 will fit 95-96 no problem all plug and play. only difference is the 95-96 harness will have extra wires to the coolant over flow tank. which if i remember right i just unplug that wire and reattached it to the 97-99 harness. no biggie brother when pull he harness off just put them side by side you will see. all harness from 2g turbo will fit make sure its not from a n/a. trust me my 95-96 harness fried up and i was able to put a 2gb harness in.

forgot too add the fog light clips will be different.. good if you have 2gb front.

The coolant and foglight connectors are on a different harness. They are on the front chassis harness.

Sorry but this is not true you just need the connector off a m/t harness and to wire it into two wires on the a/t harness. My reverse lights work just fine on my a/t>m/t swap.
It is true, you modified the harness to do it correct? The A/T wiring harness DOES NOT have the reverse light connector wired in, therefore you lose reverse lights unless you MODIFY the harness to have them.

:nono:

It is true, you modified the harness to do it correct? The A/T wiring harness DOES NOT have the reverse light connector wired in, therefore you lose reverse lights unless you MODIFY the harness to have them.

:nono:

Correct. However you said you will "lose" the reverse lights. You did not say they will not work with out modification. There for some might read it as they will never be able to work which is not so. Hence my correction.

The a/t harness will not plug and play on a m/t car you have to jump the neutral safety switch or wire in the clutch switch to the neutral safety switch (both of which constitute MODIFICATION) so why not say a a/t harness "WILL NOT WORK" with a manual transmission then? This would be very misleading and against several tech articles.

The differences in the wiring harness don't change between GS-T and GSX but they do change. There are (4) different 2g wiring harnesses...
  1. '95-'96 A/T harness
  2. '95-'96 M/T harness
  3. '97-'99 A/T harness
  4. '97-'99 M/T harness
Depending on which year and transmission type the harness came out of will require you to change a few things on your car if it isn't the EXACT same as your model 2g. For example, if you get a '97-'99 wiring harness you'd have to re-wire your CAS and swap your spark plug wires since you've got a '95 DSM.

Are you ONLY referring to the engine harness correct? There are differences in the body harness fwd to awd and talon to eclipse.

Correct. However you said you will "lose" the reverse lights. You did not say they will not work with out modification. There for some might read it as they will never be able to work which is not so. Hence my correction.
You will lose the reverse lights if you run the harness through the firewall, plug everything in, and then go for a drive. By modification you can make any harness work, I thought that went without saying?

The a/t harness will not plug and play on a m/t car you have to jump the neutral safety switch or wire in the clutch switch to the neutral safety switch (both of which constitute MODIFICATION) so why not say a a/t harness "WILL NOT WORK" with a manual transmission then? This would be very misleading and against several tech articles.
Jumping the neutral safety switch isn't a modification to the harness, it requires a single 16ga. wire going from pin to pin at the connector. Still PnP.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My point is, to get the reverse lights to work using a A/T wiring harness you need MORE than just the harness. The plug is needed and to do it right it needs to be ran in the harness, which means breaking open the wire loom and running it inside the harness.

Are you ONLY referring to the engine harness correct? There are differences in the body harness fwd to awd and talon to eclipse.
You should be able to determine which harness I'm talking about by reading the text, or no?
gofer said:

I'm running a 95 auto engine harness in my 97 manual spyder... Added the reverse lights, 97+ cas pigtail, and jumped the nss wire in under 30 min. Total install time to running was 60 min or so...

Very simple once you stand back and look at it...

I'm running a 95 auto engine harness in my 97 manual spyder... Added the reverse lights, 97+ cas pigtail, and jumped the nss wire in under 30 min. Total install time to running was 60 min or so...

Very simple once you stand back and look at it...
...as well as a few texts from? ;)

...as well as a few texts from? ;)

Haha! Yes, your knowledge made it much quicker!

Ps- did you need some pigtail from me? I remembered you asked for one, but I forgot.

1. '95-'96 A/T harness
  2. '95-'96 M/T harness
  3. '97-'99 A/T harness
  4. '97-'99 M/T harness

Does this apply for the chassis wiring harness( fuse box) and the engine wiring harness ? or just for the engine one , thank you for your feedback

i couldn't tell you differences but here are all the part numbers for the front harness with the fusebox on a GSX

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back