The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which 20g compressor housing???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
I have 2 different 20g compressor wheel housings. I was wondering if one housing has more benefits then the other? Is there is any differences like spool/noise/flow? The housing is going to be mated to a td06h turbine stuffed on an 8cm ported DSM bolt on turbine housing.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The surge-ported cover will rob you of peak airflow but offer surge protection....that's what they do.

Surge-ported covers also tend to make blow-off valves sound much quieter than a non-ported cover, although the sound of the compressor under boost will be more pronounced through the ported cover because it's amplifying the noise generated by the compressor inducer tips passing over the groove.

So no difference in spool time on the surge housing? I probably will be spooling in the 4k rpm range with the 06h wheel so i thinking that the surge housing might help a few hundred rpm. Which one would you run?

How is a compressor cover with an identical a/r going to alter spool time?

I would run the non-Chinese, polished MHI cover because the chance of a TD06H 20G full-throttle surging is less-likely than having a unicorn run through your living room.

Good point justin. I didnt know much about the surge port housings. So maybe that housing is better for the 05h turbines then.

JusMX141 said:
How is a compressor cover with an identical a/r going to alter spool time?

I would run the non-Chinese, polished MHI cover because the chance of a TD06H 20G full-throttle surging is less-likely than having a unicorn run through your living room.

I just have to say that this made ne laugh so hard! Nice!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back