The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G what size bolt do i use to block off oil feed line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyspyder

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
stockton, California
ok i ordered the banjo bolt oil feed line to relocate the oil feed for the turbo to the head. i will be tapping the oil from the head(the kit comes with all fitting from turbo to head) but i need to know what size bolt do i use to block off that existing useless oil feed line that runs all the way back to the oil filter housing. it does not bolt on to the oil filter housing but its more to the front of that. help guys, the 16g install was a pita ROFL. thanks for any help

tonyspyder:thumb:

Pm Justin the turbo man. He knew what size. I havent done it yet, but let me know what size you use. I lost the email that said what size. Post what you find out if you can. Thanks

I am not sure if you found out. But i think it is a 3/8 npt fitting plug.

Last edited:
ill probably buy the 3/8 plug. ill let you find out asap if that fits. the 16g was a pita to install LOL. its probably best if you had the whole 2g kit with you for your install. that kit will ease the pain by a whole bunch =). ill let you know latest by wednesday night

Ok. Yeah keep it updated. And may i ask why it was such a pain to install? I will be puttng a 14b on my gst and i bought the line from extreme also that relocates it to feed from the head. So i wont be using the stock oil filter line. But the 14b would be the same install, just bending the water lines and modifying the oil return line or use a 1g,(which i have). Ha. but keep this posted. Thanks

16G a paint to install?? Wow.. good luck installing a non mitsu turbo in the future hahaha... The 16g is literally as easy as it gets. It'll never be easier than that again. :p

it was hard to install because i had stock oil return lines which i had to custom. custom j-pipe to fit. the water line going to the turbo was too short. remember buy extra long hose =). go buy some bolts that will fit the turbo and have clearance for the fp manifold. the studs on t25 is too long. the front 2 is fine but the back one is too long. new bolts for the downpipe because i used tubular o2 housing. if your just using the stock exhaust manifold and stock o2 housing then you should be fine. j pipe face to the passanger side so i needed to custom pipes facing the driver side. if i had to go thru it again i rather buy a 20g or a t28 something that looks like the t25 but bigger LOL. on a 1g it is simple because nothing needs to be tapped or custom. a 2g is totally different. ill update as soon as i find that bolt. =)

update: i took the t25 to orchard supply and found the correct size bolt. what you will need is a 7/16- 20 metric fine thread =). or a 7/16 metric will do just fine. i found a couple but the ones everyone has are an inch long. i went to global auto parts and got the 7/16 plug. one thing i notice tho is even if the bolt is very tight in the oil filter housing oil still find its way out. before using that plug i suggest use teflon tape or rtv on the bolt and lock it as hard as possible. enjoy =)

tonyspyder

Yeah man i get where you are coming from installing a 16g with modifying parts. 5hats why i researched and got them before hand. Ha. Hopefully no problems. But the fp manifold has problems taking the bolts and fitting the turbos. But people find their way around them. And thanks man for the bolt size. Can you keep it updated on how it flows from the head? Like get enough or too much oil pressure in the turbo? Thanks

Ehhh... what the hell is a "7/16 - 20 metric fine thread"? :confused:

LOL thats what the guy from home depot told me. its actually a 7/16 size thread. diss the 20. a 7/16 thread will bolt just fine. get a metric thread tho. metric thread are closer together not like the standard which are wider apart. ill have a pic of the bolt post up. :hellyeah:

Yeah man i get where you are coming from installing a 16g with modifying parts. 5hats why i researched and got them before hand. Ha. Hopefully no problems. But the fp manifold has problems taking the bolts and fitting the turbos. But people find their way around them. And thanks man for the bolt size. Can you keep it updated on how it flows from the head? Like get enough or too much oil pressure in the turbo? Thanks

yea man the fp mani had alot of problem for me because i didnt have the right length studs. the two in the front bolts up fine but the ones in the back will be too long. just go to orchard supply and find the 2 correct size/ length and you'll be ok. bolts are the best for me. get like a stronger grade bolt and it shouldnt break inside. the oil from the head works fine too. oil pressure seem to be holding up fine. no leak or loss or spiking oil pressure. just perfect for the turbo. if your running a stock sm or anything close to that any j-pipe will be fine. if your going to be using a vrsf fmic like i did i suggest get the vrsf j-pipe so it would face the driver side. last thing i guess everyone knows already is the boost creep LOL.:hellyeah: when i wot it jumped to 25lbs in a sec. pipes blew off. i recommended a external wastegate to control this little monster. after that you should be ok. hope this helps. pics up soon:D

Yeah man well i have the stock 2g manifold and some arp bolts, so it should be fine with that. And i have a punishment fmic with the j pipe so im set up, just need time to do the job. Haha. School and work kill me. But thanks for all the info and help. I will keep this in mind.

As for youre boost creep, you probably need to port the o2 or get a aftermarket one that is larger and smoother. And an exhaust system if you dont have it. One you free up that o2 and lets the wg open and get that air put, it should be good.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can sure as hell tell you it is NOT SAE size. Metric ONLY on this motor. 100% There should be nothing besides metric. People who work at home depot tend to be high schoolers with little to no education at all.

metric thread are closer together not like the standard which are wider apart. ill have a pic of the bolt post up. :hellyeah:

I know what a 7/16-20 SAE UNF bolt looks like. :)

Metric ONLY on this motor. 100% There should be nothing besides metric.

IIRC, some of the ports on the filter housing may actually be a BSP thread, as well as the intake manifold ports and the PCV valve (although the cooler ports on the 90 housing are straight metric threads). I believe an NPT threaded plug will also work on a couple of the filter housing ports, probably 1/4".

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back