The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G What is missing from this picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon hall

Probationary Member
Dec 17, 2019
Norwalk, Connecticut
Just got this at an auction for $100. Site unseen. I thought it was just missing the upper intercooler pipe, but it might be missing the turbo too? Can some one let me know what is missing, and what I Need to get to fix! Thanks all. PS, owned a 2015 evo for many years before I sold her. Miss
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
that baby

Well hell, that's GOOD news!!!! I can imagine the car not wanting to run its best but excited to hear that it runs! KUDO'S!!! :thumb:

Could not see a brand name on it. Hopefully I can hook it up right! The Upper IC pipe arrives Tuesday, that is when I will know if she really runs.

Well she started right up! Idles around 500 to 600 rpms. Revs smooth. Turbo spools. Blow off valve works. Engine sounds as it should. Oil is clean. Only issue is that the upper IC pipe I just got needs some more pieces to make it fit right. I have it on there very very odd just to see if the car ran! Maybe I'll reach back out to them and see what it looked like.on the car they removed it from!

Thanks man! Will have to put money into it to fix the rear quarter panel, which is welded, as well as the rim and probbaly LCA and crap down there on the driver side. But besides that so far so good. Can someone tell me what kit or pieces I need to make this upper IC pipe fit. I forced it on anyway possible just to verify the engine ran. Haha. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20191228_121341.jpg
    20191228_121341.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20191228_121351.jpg
    20191228_121351.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
Man that’s a hell of a deal!! Did you get the GS-T(FWD) or the GSX(AWD)? As far as the upper pipe, it looks like you are going to have to either find the oem pipes from a junkyard or maybe miller imports, or make your own from couplers and 2.5in pipes from say a site or homedepot etc. I didn’t see a response on if it is stock side mount or has a front mount intercooler.. do you know which type is on it?

Thanks so much man! I'm still very nervous Haha. It is a side mount intercooler. The stock one. It is GST. I wish GSX haha. GST Spyder. I will try to fabricate one then haha! I am so anxious ! Just need to find a rear quarter panel. Found one from a Mitsubishi OEM site but trying to find one cheaper!

The rear quarter panels are going to be a real pain. They are not "removable" like the fronts, and will require cutting out the old ones and welding in new ones. Of course if you find ones in good shape at a junkyard etc and can use them, cut those out and weld them into yours. I have absolutely no experience with welding so I cant help you there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back