The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G What is missing from this picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon hall

Probationary Member
Dec 17, 2019
Norwalk, Connecticut
Just got this at an auction for $100. Site unseen. I thought it was just missing the upper intercooler pipe, but it might be missing the turbo too? Can some one let me know what is missing, and what I Need to get to fix! Thanks all. PS, owned a 2015 evo for many years before I sold her. Miss
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
that baby

What a fing deal man. Nice score!. Only see upper ic pipe and bov. Turbo looks like it's there. I'd trailer that home if I were you.[/QUOTEThanks man! What is missing here then?

Ok, so not a big deal. Awesome, where could I get that? Thanks for the help man. Really appreciate it.

So the turbo is under that heatshield then. Makes sense. It was different on the evo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Search the classifieds here. If you select "more" you can search keyword stock 2g upper ic pipe in classified. Trailer that home. It cost $70 to rent a dolly if it's awd, cheaper if it's fwd.

Turbski sits here

Looks like the turbo is on it, it is just missing the BOV pipe and BOV.
Oops, Tony beat me too it!. Thanks!!!

Will only a 2g pipe work for him or is it possible a 1g BOV pipe would do?

Will only a 2g pipe work for him or is it possible a 1g BOV pipe would do?

Not sure but from looking at pictures the shape look different because of the fuse box. But I’m not 100% certain

I will look at my 98 TSI and compare it to the spare 1g BOV tubes I have. They looked similar in a picture but I will go out and get a gander this afternoon after work. I don't have any spare 2g parts but got a few 1g pieces.

Not a problem. Those that have been on here awhile know the places that do partouts and he is always a good place to look!
Performance Partout is another good source along with Miller Import Parts, so you know. :thumb:
Marty

Looks like you got his only 2g pipe, good for you!!!!

Looks like you got his only 2g pipe, good for you!!!!
Wow! My lucky day for sure! Very happy for that. Can't wait to get the car. Hopefully she runs allrite! Seeing how the piping is coming up from the side/bottom lke that, does that mean it has a FMIC? I cant tell in the pics I have!

It looks to be stock with the stock side mount intercooler. Look in the front of the passenger fender and see if it is still there or even easier, does it have a big "smiley face" in front like this??? That silver thing is the front mount intercooler. The side mount is hidden and smaller behind and under the passenger side headlight.

ROFLROFLROFL
Good ole Vegas!!!

Just got this at an auction for $100. Site unseen. I thought it was just missing the upper intercooler pipe, but it might be missing the turbo too? Can some one let me know what is missing, and what I Need to get to fix! Thanks all. PS, owned a 2015 evo for many years before I sold her. Miss
that baby
I would be more concerned with why it's at auction than what's missing. Something somewhere is probably catastrophically wrong. Find the problem.bad trans. Bad motor. Something.

Now the fun comments are coming. I found the 2 nitrous bottles. Does look like a catch can right? It has damage to both rear quarter panels. I did not think I was getting a car for $100 with no issues gentlemen. Car is stock besides suspension work. No boost gauges, looks to be stock turbo as well. Hopefully we can fix her up! The quarter panels on this car are a pain!

I will take some more engine pics today now that I actually have the car. Then you guys can tell me all that is wrong with it!

Here ya go! No clue how to hook up the catch can? Also there is a hose missing it looks like, next to the sensor on the intake manifold. Anyways, thanks in advance everyone !

Attachments

• 20191219_094847.jpg
    20191219_094847.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 20191219_094852.jpg
    20191219_094852.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • 20191219_094856.jpg
    20191219_094856.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • 20191219_094900.jpg
    20191219_094900.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 20191219_094906.jpg
    20191219_094906.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 20191219_094915.jpg
    20191219_094915.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 20191219_094920.jpg
    20191219_094920.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20191219_094925.jpg
    20191219_094925.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • 20191219_094934.jpg
    20191219_094934.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
It will be interesting to know if she will crank over and have compression. I would start the rundown of checks with a good look at the plugs and check compression at that time.
I think the open vacuum port is for the missing BOV.
Usually the catch can goes back to the turbo intake for suction of the vapors/blow by but some run them open.

It will be interesting to know if she will crank over and have compression. I would start the rundown of checks with a good look at the plugs and check compression at that time.

She cranks over no problem. Started her up today quickly but was hard to keep it running since it's missing the upper IC pipe haha. Moved it from.the street into the driveway at least.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back