The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have to do anything "special" with the input shaft to install a twin plate clutch?
I went with the act because they say “no modifications needed” so it was pretty straight forward install. They emphasize adjusting the pedal but Whether it works or not is yet to be determined 😂

So I finally was able to get my trans in today, that thing fought me like never before. Once it was all the way to the block I checked the position of the clutch fork and it was completely floppy going all the way left and right with ease. It is on the pivot ball and the TOB is still attached.

How in the world could the clutch fork go all the way left in the window and the TOB not even come in contact with the pressure plate? Completely lost on how this could happen and pulling my hair out here.

Last edited:
So I finally was able to get my trans in today, that thing fought me like never before. Once it was all the way to the block I checked the position of the clutch fork and it was completely floppy going all the way left and right with ease. It is on the pivot ball and the TOB is still attached.

How in the world could the clutch fork go all the way left in the window and the TOB not even come in contact with the pressure plate? Completely lost on how this could happen and pulling my hair out here.
What did u end up doing? Is it the step hight on the flywheel? Or is it the clutch? U try putting washer behind the pivot ball? Mine was like that. And I shimmed it and worked out. I had new clutch flywheel all that. But same used fork and ball. Just a suggestion.

What did u end up doing? Is it the step hight on the flywheel? Or is it the clutch? U try putting washer behind the pivot ball? Mine was like that. And I shimmed it and worked out. I had new clutch flywheel all that. But same used fork and ball. Just a suggestion.
I just pulled the trans half hour ago. I'm either going to get a different pressure plate or a different disc I guess. Still trying to figure it out. It is WAY beyond shimming the pivot. It would need a 1" shim no joke. Something is seriously incorrect.

I just pulled the trans half hour ago. I'm either going to get a different pressure plate or a different disc I guess. Still trying to figure it out. It is WAY beyond shimming the pivot. It would need a 1" shim no joke. Something is seriously incorrect.
Well then. Did u happen to check or know the step height of the flywheel or u know its the clutch? Either disc or pressure plate

Well then. Did u happen to check or know the step height of the flywheel or u know its the clutch? Either disc or pressure plate
I will but this is all new stuff out of the box. I know you're supposed to and all that but I think this is beyond the step. I think I got burned putting a SBC disc between the ACT parts, even though I did it in the past.

I will but this is all new stuff out of the box. I know you're supposed to and all that but I think this is beyond the step. I think I got burned putting a SBC disc between the ACT parts, even though I did it in the past.
Hey. I just checked the specs on my flywheel when I bought it. Didn't check when I received it. And I bought a stage 1 exedy clutch and pressure plate. And used stock everything else. Ur fork bent? Or wore real bad in the ball pit area? I have seen them wear almost all the way throw.

Changed the tcase fluid and drove it home after stalling the car 3 times like a teenager learning to drive standard for the first time trying to get used to the clutch

Got half the stuff to relocate the oil filter just waiting on the oil cooler now.

Think I should port out this hole in the second pic? That would be going to the oil filter. Seems small

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Think I should port out this hole in the second pic? That would be going to the oil filter. Seems small

It doesn't look small to me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back