The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Went to fix a coolant leak today, found a few issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse 1998

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2010
,, Indiana
So I was working on the car today to tighten up the turbo water in and out bc i had a coolant leak, I took my air filter off and noticed a small hole in it. Pictures below, is this a problem? Also i emptied out my oil catch can and it didn't look like oil in the cup, also its smelled very potent of fuel, any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 109
Depending how big the hole is I would just zip tie it closed. My local Walmart sells k&n filters, and I noticed when I opened one of the boxes on the shelf someone had returned a used filter :nono:
Im not sure why your catch can would smell like fuel, but anytime a catch can fills up half of the contents is condensation from the can itself, so it always looks funky.
I went from using a cheap in line fuel filter to a catch can and the can filled up much quicker and looked like bile. I didn't like it so I went back to using an inline filter, this time a fancy glass one with replaceable filters from Mr gasket. Since I went back to that I only get a few drops of oil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back