The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Weapons owners Check-in [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For my 21st birthday coming up I've got my dad holding onto a Kimber Stainless Custom Crimson Carry II. If anyone is into Kimber's and can legally buy in Indiana check out Freedom! Largest selection and I can get anyone a deal (just mention DSMTuners LOL). End shameless plug for the pops.

No shame like a street hooker selling her brand........... that I might take up on the offer LOL

Nice Paul. I've been thinking about getting something along those lines lately. Was considering the 6.5 grendel.

The omni poly lower I got ended up getting a DSA A3 upper with a rock river bcg I had laying around. Built it like a patrol rifle style. Nice beater ar I don't have to worry about. Only about $550 invested. Well a bit more if you include the cheap redot I took off a different gun that I didn't intend on using. No pic cause I'm at work. :rolleyes:

really Nice weapons collection guys :applause:
I own two bows... [ahem stop laughing: I mean archery bows], and I am quite skilled with the recurve bow, I often times spend time in my backyard, practice firing at large paper bags filled with lawn shavings.

the other is a long bow, I don't have a string for it yet,
hence why I have little experience with it.

too bad the bow string is starting to separate:toobad: on the
recurve bow, and there is vary few people in my area that service archery equipment.

Last edited:
At home so here's the DSA with omni lower
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Another I put together with a USGI a2 upper, M&P lower, SS Heavy match barrel, with weighted handguards.

I like bows too. No pic but I have a bear attack bow with a spot hog sight. Man is it accurate! I shoot gold tip ultra lights with shwacker broad heads.

How are you liking the 300blk round Paul? We have had an upper sitting on the shelf for awhile now and I'm entertaining the idea of throwing it on my Les Baer lower for a bit to play around with it.

I like it alot. But I like the idea of having a dedicated subsonic upper/gun and then one dedicated to supersonic. Alot of guys try to build one "in the middle" to do both and they're stuck with a twist that usually isn't optimal for either and also sometimes won't have a gas port optimized to allow the gun to reliably cycle both.

But the round itself is awesome. Load them subsonic and you get a round to rival the carbine pistol calibers like 9mm and .45acp. Except 300BLK is capable of accuracey at longer range, better at defeating cover, and when suppressed, is capable of being quieter than those pistol rounds. Load them supersonic, and you basically get the balistics of 7.62x39 except that it reliably runs through the AR platform.

I find it to be a very versatile round. I just hope someone comes out with an inexpensive, plated 220gr projectile sometime soon. It sucks buying .50/each bullets for target practice, especially when a nice, match-grade, jacketed bullet really isn't needed for subsonic plinking.

What are the specs on the upper you have sitting on the shelf?

I took a pic when I had mine out for a good oiling a few weeks ago. Humidity was a bi*** here in MI about 4-5 weeks ago.

As you can see, I like my guns in black. :)

That is a nice start to a collection.

I take it from the bullet pics you are starting to reload for the 300BLK? How is the reloading going so far? Run into any of the common 300BLK reloading problems?

That is a nice start to a collection.

I take it from the bullet pics you are starting to reload for the 300BLK? How is the reloading going so far? Run into any of the common 300BLK reloading problems?
I've added 4 more to the collection since that pic was taken. But yeah, decent start. :) Next on my list is a Remmy 700 AAC-SD in .308.

I started reloading supersonic 300BLK this past winter, but just recently got into the subsonics. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with either. I've been handloading .40s&w, .223, and .38spl for a little bit so handloading in itself is no mystery to me. Honestly, loading for 300BLK hasn't been any different or more difficult for me than the other calibers. I've been having alot of fun playing with different loads lately.

I've added 4 more to the collection since that pic was taken. But yeah, decent start. :) Next on my list is a Remmy 700 AAC-SD in .308.

I started reloading supersonic 300BLK this past winter, but just recently got into the subsonics. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with either. I've been handloading .40s&w, .223, and .38spl for a little bit so handloading in itself is no mystery to me. Honestly, loading for 300BLK hasn't been any different or more difficult for me than the other calibers. I've been having alot of fun playing with different loads lately.

If it hasn't been any different in terms of case prep or difficulty, then you are lucky. A lot of people have issues with case wall thickness after cutting down/forming 223. Which is a problem you won't run into on most other calibers where you already have brass for the caliber. I didn't even realize how common the problem was, until I started making ammo gauges and getting feedback from the field.

The end result of the thick cases is needing to mortar your ammo out. And even quite a few of the brass processors and loaded ammo sold was having issues with this in certain chambers.

If it hasn't been any different in terms of case prep or difficulty, then you are lucky. A lot of people have issues with case wall thickness after cutting down/forming 223. Which is a problem you won't run into on most other calibers where you already have brass for the caliber. I didn't even realize how common the problem was, until I started making ammo gauges and getting feedback from the field.

The end result of the thick cases is needing to mortar your ammo out. And even quite a few of the brass processors and loaded ammo sold was having issues with this in certain chambers.
Interesting. I was unaware of that issue. Though I've only converted/prepped about 1300 cases so far. But so far, all of them have loaded great, passed my Sheridan case gauge, and chambered perfectly in my SAAMI spec chambers.

Was there a common denominator with the issue? A certain make of brass, tighter chamber rifles, etc...?

Interesting. I was unaware of that issue. Though I've only converted/prepped about 1300 cases so far. But so far, all of them have loaded great, passed my Sheridan case gauge, and chambered perfectly in my SAAMI spec chambers.

Was there a common denominator with the issue? A certain make of brass, tighter chamber rifles, etc...?

Well you already have the gauge I make, so you would catch most any problem like that :)

It is really a combination of several problems and tolerance stacking. The chambers at the neck on different guns will vary, but the tighter ones and the SAAMI spec are around 0.334". The bullet is a fixed diameter at that point, but even they will vary a little. .308-.309, and then if you have a case with 0.013 thick walls, you see it adds up to a larger diameter than the neck of your chamber, which is a big problem. There are some good threads on the 300BLK website about the good brass vs bad brass. The issue is that while .223 brass may have a standard thickness at its mouth, the different makers may have slightly different thickness in the body of the brass, and it doesn't matter as much for 223. But its a huge deal when you try to cut it down and reform it for 300BLK.

Just picked this beauty up today. Came in on trade at my Dad's gun store and I bought it on the spot :) it's a Glock 19 Gen 3 with a Nickel Boron slide/barrel and trijicon night sights. Only a handful of these were made and boy is it a sweet shooter! Definitely a nice change of pace from my Kimber Stainless Crimson Carry, I feel like I lost 5 lbs ROFL

I finally got my Draco AK pistol build nearly complete. I only lack a Tromix bolt on oversized charging handle, clean up the trigger group some, swap my mag release to a Galil mag relase, and replace the shepards hook with a retainer plate.

Here's a deer I killed with it this past weekend.

I recently traded my fixed stock Norinco 56S for the underfolder version, a Norinco 56S1

I have a RIA full size 1911. I reload the 45 acp for it as well. I also have a Remington 1100 I use for dove season. I'd show you guys the reloading press but it's packaged away.

Attachments

• 14231977037111152024346.jpg
    14231977037111152024346.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 45
Figured I would update my list of current guns I own and my brother.

Sig Sauer M400 FDE Enchanced (.223/5.56) - Shilen Match Barrel 16" 1:8 Twist, .223/5.56 Wylde Chamber, Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 Optic with a Leupold 1-piece mount, GDT Canted Ironsights, CMC Flat blade trigger with custom stone-work by Jason at Kulas Customs for a 2.5lb trigger, Magpul MOE+ Grip, Midwest Industries SS Gen 2 Free Floated Quad Rail, Fortis MFG SHiFT Angled grip, Fortis MFG .223 RED Brake, DPMS 6-Position Buffer Tube, Battlelink Minimalist stock, BCM Gunfighter Enhanced Charging Handle and Magpul QD Sling.

Remington 700 AAC-SD (.308) - Polished Chamber, Rifle Basix Trigger, Harris S-BRM Bipod, Killer Innovations .308 Muzzle Brake, Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm Optic with Trijicon Matched 30mm scope rings, Generic ammo holder for stock. I have a H-S Precision Tactical Rifle stock for it, haven't installed yet. Stock on the gun now is a cheap factory Hogue molded stock that came with the gun.

Remington 870 Tactical - Base shotgun with an extended shell tube.

I also have a Smith and Wesson M&P40 (.40 cal) with Trijicon Night sights and an Apex trigger kit. (Carry Gun), A Glock 19 Vickers FDE Gen 4 (9mm), Benelli Duck Unlimited 12g Shotgun, and a classic Ruger 10/22 carbine. Don't have any good pictures of the other guns.

Here is the collection between my brother and myself.

*Left Side from Bottom to top - Smith and Wesson MP15T (Brother), Sig Sauer M400 FDE Enhanced (Mine), Custom built 300 blackout AR with an ASA Side-Charging upper (Brother), Savage 11/111 (.308) (Brother), Remington 700 AAC-SD (.308) (Mine), Remington 700 AAC-SD in MDT Tac-21 Chassis (.308) (Brother)
*Shotguns on left side - Remington 870 Tactical (12g) (Mine), Remington 870 Tactical Police with Magpul furniture (12g) (Brother), Benelli Ducks Unlimited (12g) (Mine).

Guns not included in the picture - Custom built 6.5 Creedmore Precision AR, Remington 700 Police, Glock 23 Gen 3, Glock 19 Gen 3, Smith and Wesson M&P40 Shield, Llama .380 (1911 mini), 1902 Smith and Wesson Revolver in .32 and .22LR.

Here's my handgun collection:

FN Five-seveN + 30 round extended mag

Sig P250C .45

Springfield XDM .45

Glock 21SF Gen 3 and FN FNX-45

All the gats in my Zombie Quick Draw range case

Here's my handgun collection:

FN Five-seveN + 30 round extended mag

Sig P250C .45

Springfield XDM .45

Glock 21SF Gen 3 and FN FNX-45

All the gats in my Zombie Quick Draw range case

Man Id love to have one of those five-sevens. Question though, what kind of pistol case it that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back