The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Weapons owners Check-in [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My problem is getting a reliable ar cost quite a bit of money if you build or buy. I would prefer LWRC or Patriot ordinance due to the reliability of their piston systems but the guns are both at or above 2k$. BCM or spikes build a great DI ar for a good price but by the time you put on a good lightweight rail, fails zero or other ni-bo bcg, put in a decent trigger, add qd mounts, grip/stock, It hard for me not to buy a Tavor being it is a more reliable setup and doesn't really need improvement other than a trigger.

It seems I run into ak guys switching to the tavor. Anyway you look at it a direct impingement ar will fail at some point without proper cleaning and their are a lot of small parts that will* fail on any ar at some point. gas rings, extractor, firing pin ect, all can be easily replaced but extras should be on hand if your an avid shooter or preparing for zombies.

The ar still has great ergonomics, is lightweight, accurate, lacks recoil, and if maintained is reliable. Also I seem to find ar's cool in a gadget sort of way, the options to customize make it fun. Lack of weight and recoil makes it easier for women and smaller framed ppl and makes it easier to carry all day for our troops.

Man some of you folks are stacked, really nice guns all around. I'm just the typical noob that has an sks, mine has a ATI tactical kit, Ncstar scope mount and Ncstar red dot sight. I have other few basic guns the common 22 rifles and 1 22 cal hand gun, 12 gauge shot gun and a ruger p345 pistol.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
my main three for home defense and carry. have lots of old .22 revolvers, hunting rifles etc but they all stay in the gun safe.

My problem is getting a reliable ar cost quite a bit of money if you build or buy. I would prefer LWRC or Patriot ordinance due to the reliability of their piston systems but the guns are both at or above 2k$

You can buy/build a reliable AR for less than that. The pistons, coatings, etc are relatively new into the market, tell me about their reliability in 10 years :) Standard impingement style ARs have been around a lot longer. And yes you may need to clean/lube them, but it doesn't mean they aren't reliable. Those "no clean or lube" claims on the high end coatings remind me of the oils that claim to extend oil changes out to 7K miles +. I wouldn't reduce my oil change intervals because of some marketing claims. And I wouldn't stop cleaning my guns after shooting them either.

I've run my $500 AR through classes with 1K round counts in a day, no problems. I think most people would get more use out of a $500-$1K AR, a training class, and lots of ammo, than they would out of a $2K AR.

I finally got my Glock 43 too. I bought it about 2 minutes after handling it. No regrets either. The trigger on it was pretty terrible out of the box, but a Ghost connector really cleaned it up. As it sits now, I like it a little more than my GF's Shield 9mm, and I really like her Shield. Now I just need to find the perfect holster for it.

And because I love the awesomeness of it, a shot of my girlfriend shooting my tec-9 :) :

I still have yet to shoot the 43. I did get it for the girlfriend and also got an aliengear holster. Heard lots of good things about these holsters and prices are good. Quality looks and feels good aswell. Something to look into if your interested

Paul get the LAG Tactical for the 43. That's what my dad carries his in and he loves it. Definitely the best holster for it on the market at the moment. I should also mention I just picked up a Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II cheap due to my dad being a master dealer :) it is beautiful!!!! It'll definitely tide me over until the Les Baer SRP shows up!

Tyler, I've never had any luck with those types of holsters in the past. My fat-guy build type makes most holsters with kydex rather uncomfortable when worn IWB. I like kydex for OWB though. For IWB, I generally go for small, soft, low-riding holsters.

And a pic to keep the gun p0rn alive!

Dang! kent that's some sweet firearms ive always wanted a ps90 and a scar17. Firearms also limit what I do to my talons... I have to balance both hobbies. I end up at the range quite often, my way of saving money for talon projects is less range time which usually only happens in the summer. In the winter i'm at the indoor pistol range about every weekend.

Someone did a test with the scar17 vs knights armament DMR(.308) and the scar17's grouping was just as good out to 600yds and with a chrome lined barrel to boot... and its a battle rifle

I bought the gun right after my last post. I decided to go with the 6.5 inch barrel. Thanx to those that posted for the advice and the laughs( a 22 huh? riiiight:laugh: )
Here are a few pics
Very nice .. I enjoy my 40 with me

I finally got a G33 magnifier for my SBR. And I love it! I've been unwilling to outright buy one due to them being more expensive than I feel they are worth. But I happened to get this one on a trade deal that leaned greatly in my favor. :)

I also got a sweet new shotgun and my first H&K handgun. I'll see if I can get some pics to share this week.

Last edited:
I'll post pictures of what I got later, but here's the rundown:

Handguns
Walther PPQ M2 9mm in the 5" length. The PPQ series guns have excellent triggers for striker fire setups.
Springfield Armory Government model 1911 45acp

Rifles:
Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC SD in 308
Vepr 12 (AK style shotgun)
Vepr 308 with Dragunov style stock
Ar-15 in 556
Ar-15 pistol in 300 blackout - Suppressed / custom build with cerakote
Mossberg 590
Mosin Nagat (WWII Russian rifle)
Steyr M95/34
Ruger 10/22 in bullpup stock

The 2 ARs and the Remington 700 share the same suppressor mount, so I switch between them all.

I really want a Walther PPQ 45.

The company was SWR but I believe they are owned by SiliencerCo. I have the SpecWar 7.62. It is so quiet on the 300 blackout man. Tons of fun!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back