The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Size Question ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuikyX

Probationary Member
Oct 22, 2004
Austin, Minnesota
Hey this may be a stupid question i have aquired a turbo its a holset turbo im not sure what model it is it has the Assembly number of 3525237 and serial nuber 1646457
here are soem pictures just tell me if im stupid to try and use this on my talon

Attachments

• 44486106885_330.jpg
    44486106885_330.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 44487302021_3300.jpg
    44487302021_3300.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 44486988293_330.jpg
    44486988293_330.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 290
Well, you'll at least need a new exhaust manifold/flange and o2 housing adaptor, eliminator, or something of the like. I wouldn't put something on my car unless I knew exactly what it was and what it can do, but if you have the means, go for it.

Thats a big turbo though! :thumb:

LOL...im doin the samething put it on man you got nothing to lose.like blackGSX2g said ull need to do some modin.GO FOR IT

The money you spend trying to get that thing in there would be better spent on supporting mods.
It looks a little narly. Is it good? What car did you get it from? Do you have supporting mods?(haven't looked at your profile)
Don't put it on just to say you have a big turbo.
Whatever you decide,
make sure that you are not throwing good money after bad, thats all. :thumbdown
Good luck. :thumb:

Oh,
fillm out your profile so that we can better assist you when you ask questions. :cool:

Hey,
Well the thing is Im planning on running a nice larger turbo like this but thisthings is huge i have a t4 manifold and hks wastegate im looking at buying for this. Im going wiht eagle rods and weisco pistons the head is at my school righ tnow becaue im going to school for machingin and i need a project so im going to port and pollish that all up and back cut the valves nice 3 angle valve job and maybe some cams what would i need to help spool this up its going to be a drag car but i wanna drive it onthe street ? thanks just need some help im very familiar wiht turbocharged cars so dont think im just some noobie to it i built a custom turbo kit for my 94 dodge shadow with a 3.0 v6 boy was that car fun but the engine was to expensive to build wiht forged internals so i got a talon and i love it so far just give me a hand with it thanks
Andy Hull
FabriCrap Racing

maybe one of those cheap eaby electric 'turbos' to try and help spool it?? :p But in all seriousness, that is insane... I dont know if it will ever eeach full boost on a 2.0L, 2.4L still may be a lil to small. Goodluck... give us some updates!

Bryan

Hey,
Yeah thats waht i was thinking too dang now i will have to clean it up and sell it to someone i need a different turbo i just dont like dealing with mitsu turbos atleast not the 14b i had a GM5 turbo on my V6 and it spooled great. but who knows now what im goign to get any help would be great i have set a goal to have the car in the 11s so yeah any help would be great
thanks
Andy Hull

that looks like an H2d.... give me a few mins while I find my holset book..

*Edit*.. yep, it's a H2D. It's too big to use on a 2.0L engine in that housing. An HX40 is pusing it, and that turbo has a WAY bigger turbine housing and wheels.

This is the compressor map from a H2E. The D is just a tad smaller on the cold side, but more or less the same as an E.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

defrag010 said:
that looks like an H2d.... give me a few mins while I find my holset book..

*Edit*.. yep, it's a H2D. It's too big to use on a 2.0L engine in that housing. An HX40 is pusing it, and that turbo has a WAY bigger turbine housing and wheels.

This is the compressor map from a H2E. The D is just a tad smaller on the cold side, but more or less the same as an E.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hmmm, that's cool. Who owns the SMAP program?

QuikyX said:
Hey,
Yeah thats waht i was thinking too dang now i will have to clean it up and sell it to someone i need a different turbo i just dont like dealing with mitsu turbos atleast not the 14b i had a GM5 turbo on my V6 and it spooled great. but who knows now what im goign to get any help would be great i have set a goal to have the car in the 11s so yeah any help would be great
thanks
Andy Hull

Many Mitsu turbo's have been capable of 11'sec slips. Let's see a 14b, 16g,evo 16g's,18g's(my favorite) and 20g's all have been in sub 12 sec land. Just a thought before buying a freakin monster turbo for 11' sec goals. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back