1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Tuning/logging question

Posted by BLOHS7844, Mar 1, 2012

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. BLOHS7844

BLOHS7844 Proven Member

Joined Oct 25, 2011
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I was hoping to get something like a neo to tune with. Ive been told that i need a logger too. What would i need to monitor with a logger? I have the aem uego and oil pressure, boost, and egt gauges (latter 3 all prosport). Would they have to be monitored by the logger? If so what might be a good logger for me?

462  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. jcarmichael

jcarmichael Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2011
    Greenwood, Indiana
    depending on what your looking to spend, it can really range. I personally have ecm link v3 from ecmtuning.com for the full version it cost around 500 plus shipping. decent amount but worth it in my opinion. I know there is cheaper ones out there, like AFSC but you can really only adjust fueling then.

297  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  3. spic21

spic21 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2010
    albany, Louisiana
    IMO ecmlink is way to go. Youll have to pay for it but best IMO. Also with ecmlink there are a lot of people out there to help you with tunning. They even have a guy on here that will remotely tune it for you.

4. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    you can log fuel trims, knock, and check codes, its ok to start with, had to get rid of it and get get link.

7K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  5. jcarmichael

jcarmichael Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2011
    Greenwood, Indiana
    If you do go with link though, you wanna check to see if your ecu is socketed already if it isn't it will cost a bit more then 500. also another perk with link theres plenty of helpful videos and an entire wiki of written out explanations of things for getting started. just give yourself a good solid weekend to mess with it because when you put the chip in your pretty much installing a blank ecu that you have to program before you can really drive the car.

epromid [ECMTuning - wiki]

socketid [ECMTuning - wiki]

dsmlinkloggableparams [ECMTuning - wiki]

297  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM