The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Trying to decide between 3 DSMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96GST20g

Probationary Member
Oct 1, 2009
Monroe, Louisiana
So ive been looking around for a DSM to grab and get back into them and found 3 so far.

90 GSX 5spd 101k miles body is great just needs some TLC. Transmission synchros are going put for 2nd and no AC Clean Title $3000

91 Talon TSI AWD 170k miles 5spd Body looks strait but paint is rough. Salvage Title $3000

95 Talon TSI AWD 200k Auto. Body looks ok but hood has a slot cut into it, no ac, clean title $3000

Im kind of leaning towards the 90 or 95 right now due to the salvage title on the 91. All of them run and drive and prices are what I have them down to. Need a little help on them since ive been out of the game for almost 6 years now and fell out of pricing and all.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

95 since its an auto awd.

I'd go with the 90. Lowest miles and the body looks to be in the best shape. FYI the 90 has some oddball parts so if you have to replace things you may have to look harder for parts on the 90 than you would on other year cars.

Can't say I like any of them. The 90 has mismatched body panels and wing. All of the paintjobs are destroyed and will need costly new paint. None of these cars look like they're modded so it's not like you're going to get a nice fmic kit, nice cams, fp red, ecmlink etc. It's a pass for me.

We've all been picking the "best" out of those 3 but to be honest most of us wouldn't buy any of those. Even the best one imo, the 90, will take enough money to get it to where it's respectable that you would be better off just spending alittle more on a different car that has been maintained well.

my 2 cents.. don't let a rebuilt title affect your decision unless you are worried about resale value. I've had a couple vehicles with rebuilt titles with 0 issues. Honestly even got what I paid for 1 and profit off the other.

my 2 cents.. don't let a rebuilt title affect your decision unless you are worried about resale value. I've had a couple vehicles with rebuilt titles with 0 issues. Honestly even got what I paid for 1 and profit off the other.
I agree here, with kbb values of our cars a tiny fender bender totals them. That’s why mine has a rebuilt title, and I can’t even tell where the accident happened.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back