The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Timing belt change/no shafts/ignore timing oil pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet97

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2004
auburn, New_York
Since my balance shafts are gone I should not have to time the gear for the oil pump, correct? Thanks, Mark

I always make sure to keep it lined up but I really dont see why it would matter if its not (without blalance shafts). I guess since one time I got ahold of a car with it off 180 degrees I always make sure to do it right

I do not time my oil pump w/ out B-shafts. No problems.

Basically the oil pump is always pumping oil in any position, and originally it only needs to be timed because of the b-shaft. Without the shaft, there is no need to time it. It makes timing a bit easier as well b/c its one less thing you have to keep your eye on while doing a t-belt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back