The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil Leak Timing Belt Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. This thread is pretty old.
2. He already stated what he found in his last post which was a bad cam seal.

What you are failing to understand is that instead of them starting another thread, they decided to comment and inquire on one with a similar problem. You are not a moderator so GTFO.

I've also got a similar problem to this! My oil pump and oil pan was a little wet with oil and I replaced my oil pan seal and its a lot better now! Every time I started the car I'd see oil spin around on the clear cam cover I have and it annoyed me! Since I've changed my pan seal its a lot better but I still get small amounts and its making me think my pump gasket is leaking a little its not doing any harm and pressure is fine!

Have you checked that gasket aswell??? As it might seem as if its coming from the top but it might just be thrown up from the bottom off the belt.

100% of the engines I have built that had a oil leak on that side of the engine ended up being the seal right behind the oil pump spocket. In fact its was always the begining of a failing oil pump. Take off the timing cover , pull the timing belt off , take off the spocket and remove the seal. take a pic and post it. try to move that shaft back and forth and see if it has movment. Also visually inspect it to see of it has wear. let us know. :hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back