1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Throttle body options

Posted by SasaniFab, Jul 3, 2020

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. SasaniFab

SasaniFab Freelancer

Joined Dec 1, 2013
    danbury, Connecticut
    I’ve made threads in the past regarding upgrading the throttle body on our cars. I’m currently running the stock 1g throttle body with mil spec seals. Id really like to upgrade the throttle body as I’m upgrading the intercooler and charge piping to 3 inch. From what I can see we have very few options. The s90 is a giant pile of shit. The q45 seems to work but guys have issues with the idle and tps sensor. I’ve heard of guys using the k tuned throttle body. Mustangs from what I can see don’t like boost. I’m at a loss boys

Street Build 4K  20

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    645 whp · 498 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  2. 1cleangsx

1cleangsx Proven Member

Joined Sep 28, 2013
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Morrison Fab made big power on the stocker, I thought you did a wright up on fixing the s90 boost leak issues?

Street Build 2K  11

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.2 @ 104.64 · 1G DSM
  3. Car Cannibal

Car Cannibal Proven Member

Joined Jun 7, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I got Steve Monroe years ago to port mine and then offer it to the community. He might still be porting them, 63-66mm I believe. I even did the half shaft for more flow.

https://throttlebodys.com/1G Turbo TBs.htm

4. SasaniFab

SasaniFab Freelancer

Joined Dec 1, 2013
    danbury, Connecticut
    I fixed the leak, the real issue is the aluminum shaft is very very brittle.....scares me.

Street Build 4K  20

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
  5. NWHTanK

NWHTanK Proven Member

Joined Apr 23, 2011
    Odessa, Missouri
    I have been looking at this , but as far as price they not cheap. They do have a 77mm version. Screenshot_20200703-200329_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200703-200409_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attached Files:

2K  7

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. SasaniFab

SasaniFab Freelancer

Joined Dec 1, 2013
    danbury, Connecticut
    He rebuilt mine, he does excellent work

Street Build 4K  20

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
  7. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    I run the Q45. I really don't see the issues you mentioned. Maybe some cons are the stock shaft seals like Mustang's, you should reinforce them for high boost. and you wouldn't have the stock ISC unless you use an aftermarket adaptor. I have no issue with its TPS sensor.

Drag Race Build 2K  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  8. NWHTanK

NWHTanK Proven Member

Joined Apr 23, 2011
    Odessa, Missouri
    Thier is also RMR. They are on the east coast and made in house.

2K  7

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  9. Jerzm3

Jerzm3 Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 18, 2015
    mount holly, New Jersey
    I am running the RMR 82mm since my manifold is flanged for the Q45. I never had issues with my Q45, rock solid idle. A customer of mine, however, went through two tps sensors, which you cannot get anymore. No oem ones, no aftermarket ones. Even tho my tps has not given me any issue, I didn't want to wait till it did, so I switched. The RMR uses a $30 readily available Ford Mustang TPS. The RMR is VERY will built!!