The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General This DSM is going to be the death of me- I need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPoe93

Probationary Member
Aug 12, 2021
Bagdad, Kentucky
Okay- I have a 99 Eclipse GST I also have a 95 Talon with the 4G63T. The eclipse jumped time and needless to say the engine was trashed. So we took the engine out of the Talon, swapped some parts and threw it in along with the ECU. Wouldn’t run. Come to find out it was a 2G-a vs 2G-b cam sensor placement. We relocated the cam sensor, boom it’s fixed. Car is running... like trash. Couldn’t figure out why. Well the SAFC2 wasn’t powering on. We fix the wiring, now it’s working. Car is running.... okayish. Super rich. We replaced the injectors when we put in a new motor. Stock injectors are I believe 750cc and we put 1000cc injectors in so it’s just dumping fuel. We mess with the wideband (innovative) which has never worked since we bought it 8 years ago to see what we got going on. Read forums, watched videos, got it on. Car is running. Wideband is flashing 7.4. Read forums, watched videos, said we needed to run power supply into ECU port 12. So we do. Well now the car won’t turn over. We’ve undone everything we did prior to it now not turning over and it still won’t turn over. I’m at a loss and about out of steam on this thing. We’ve been building it since it was totaled 6 years ago and I’ve been able to drive it once since then. It’s always something. I’d really love to drive my car... one day.

Just fyi on the injectors your way off on stock size. Stock are 450cc on all 2g turbo cars so if youve got 1000cc injectors in there i would change those out. Probably is the source of a lot of your running poorly issues and the wideband is probably reading pretty accuratly at 7.4 since the injectors are over double and the wideband reads 1/2 of what it should

Zero out that safc, and put in stock 450s to get you started. An SAFC was never able to control 1000cc injectors properly. I would highly recommend removing that, as it's 20 year old technology that causes nothing but issues. Even with a mildly built car (I don't know what your mods are) dsmlink will provide you with a much better tuning and diagnostic platform.

An afc is ancient technology, but it CAN work, just not on injectors that large. We used to run a custom burned eprom chip along with an afc way back in the day. Some of us actually went pretty quick on that combo. I’m one of them 😁😉

I def would not recommend this any more with the technology that’s available today.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back