The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The 14b Drag Race Discussion Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought my current car for $1600. The slicks, skinnies and wheels put me at $3k total and the car went 12.0 on 4 back to back passes while having shifting problems. I still think that's very impressive for the money...If I had just spent time on weight reduction, it probably could have gone 11.7-11.8 for the same price.

I did not get my 10, the car had someshifter issues the next outing and I only got a couple clean runs in with poor 60 foots. The head is off the car and in the shop, 45% leakdown in Cyl 1. The rest are about 15-20%, going to have a full valve job done. Current plan is to start 2016 on an Evo III 16g and see what I can pull off. After having some fun maybe I'll throw the 14b back on to get that 10.

I love the little lightweight 4g swap cars! Always wanted to do one, looking forward to seeing the progress!

yeah my car should be pretty potent. i just finished the awd swap, (not really finished when is it ever finished) so no passes on it yet. I 4g swapped it this spring in fwd mode it ran 14.7@103 spinning the whole way on 155/80/13s. all stock 15 psi, about 2050 lbs race weight. seems slow but thats not too bad for a few hindred bucks total and just 50 hrs or so labour. maybe more but who cares that stuff is too much fun to add up. I had a 94 colt trans in it so i knew the clutch/trans/axles would not handle slicks.
i want the ultimate sleeper so awd is where its at.

Anybody still doing anything with the 14b? No posts since Dec '15?!

I'm currently deployed and getting some money/parts together for when I get home! So hope to have the car ready to hit the track by the end of spring next year!

Not that i think ill break any records, but im going to max out my 14b next year. Ill have a few more things on by then, should be getting my ecu back on the 12th, so ill get a base tune and then see what the dyno says at some point. Refine till next year, then give it the beans. Im gonna try for 12s.

Unless you are at a high elevation or in a full weight awd, 12s with a 14b is not hard.

^ nope. Not at all. CrackedDsm wrote this about 2 months ago. Look it up in resource section.

One question for you, when you talk of replacing the 13G with a 14B...are you doing a full conversion? Manual ECU, 450cc injectors(stock automatic ones are 390cc), m/t fuel pressure regulator, etc? Don't just toss a 14B on and go, especially not with a 2G MAF w/o 550cc injectors or a way to control fuel. It pushed my 1G auto into the unsafe zone when I just slapped a 14b/2G exhaust manifold on it with no changes to the ECU or injectors.

Also, I would forsake the SAFC 2. If you're trying to save money, get your ECU socketed for $50 by ECMTuning, and then purchase a Moates.net Ostrich 2.0 for $185. Grab Jackal for it off of DS-map.net for $20, and then go. That's full control of the ECU, timing, air, fuel, etc, and a much better/easier to use logger than the Palm setup. You can even use the palm logging cable. :)

But, just to put things in perspective on my old 1G auto with no changes at all, 100% stock except for a full 14B swap(ECU, injectors, cams, etc), and a MBC set at 16psi with a rewired stock pump, I ran consistent 13.8-13.9's all day like it was my job. Dejon stock replacement UICP and LICP, hard intake pipe, walbro 255, 2G MAF, full exhaust, and Evo 560's with boost in the low 20's range, it ran 12.8's again, like it was its job. So all those parts properly setup together, with a proper tune and management of the engine will be a much more noticeable increase of power. Just read read read and search all you can. Research is your friend.

I figured 12s would be pretty doable, but im not the best (most consistent) launcher. It may very well go faster, i drive it currently on 18 lbs, and with a tune and the new intercooler setup itll make some nice power. It will all come down to my driving, i just dont want to say "going for 10s!" Cuz im not really worried about doing that and dont want to be completely disappointed if it doesnt.

If i max it out and make some great runs, awesome. I just want to use it as a tuning experience for my next turbo setup.

I'm gonna start playing with my ggsx. I'm limiting it to a stock clutch and 14b. Probably going to run a 7cm housing, hks272 regrinds, E85, CX racing fmic, and a evo3 intake. I'd like to see some bottom 13s out of it. Well see though. Anyone know what the fastest 14b gallant is?

Been a little crazy. Had a baby and started doing track days with my miata. Finally got my head back just before the shootout and have been trying to find time to put it together. Bolted the head on a few days ago along with new timing components. Just need to get everything else bolted up and it should run again. Not 100% sure if I'll get a track day out of it this year though. I haven't moved the trailer in quite some time and there's a handful of other things to get done before it's ready to go. Honestly, it's not more than a days worth of work but with a 7 month old it's been tough to get that kind of time! As for the head, as I expected it was in pretty rough shape, including a couple of bent valves. It made decent compression but having it freshened should make a difference. There's a 10 in this car if I can get it back out!

Life slowed me down a bit. But I am slowly trying to find some time to get the car back up to 100% so I can get it to the track. Wanna make a few hail mary passes before bolting on the bigger turbo.

Do it. 10.5x from a 14b? And or 130mph trap speed? Is it possible?

Do it. 10.5x from a 14b? And or 130mph trap speed? Is it possible?

I'm sure it'll 130. Went 129.1 and had some timing pulled cause of a boost leak. The 10.5x might be the tough one. Hitting both of those are my goal though.

Do it Justin!

I'm slowly making progress. Hoping to have it about 99% together today after I quit working. There's a track rental on Oct 8th I'm going to shoot for. Not hoping for much other then getting out and starting to get it back dialed in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back