The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

TD06H 20G feedback...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king_of_HTX

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 21, 2006
Iono, Louisiana
Got mine in today... And I was wondering who all has it and how do you all like it?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

J/K... But here is my REAL 20G Next to this other monster turbo LoL ;)

Some random shiny metal parts attached...

Haha wow I also was a bit confused... What is that huge turbo from, and why are you not finding a way to bolt it on!

I was like dear god either he zoomed in alot or somethign isn't right LOL. Nice setup, my boy has a 20g and he love it. When are you putting your's on ?

Haha wow I also was a bit confused... What is that huge turbo from, and why are you not finding a way to bolt it on!

To be honest with you I have no clue what the other turbo is from but uhhh it's not getting bolted on for about another month. Fully built EVERYTHING with motor rebuild coming soon. :)

i got sbr tdo5 20g and i love it. 20 psi is were i like it but 15 feels great!!! what does that monster turbo goes to?

Sorry to bring this thread back up but anyone else on here running a 20G? I'm waiting patiently for my motor to be done so I just want to get a lil more feedback on the 20g so I can kinda know what to expect.

you can get around 450ish out them with a decent tune, im sure you could go more.
but damn...i would rock that other turbo with a top mount. the 20g would almost fit into the garrett beast.

450whp is a good, conservative number. But, a much smaller tdo5h turbine wheel in a 18g can do this. he!! an evo3 16g can flow enough for 400 hp.

The best thing about an MHI is their durability. Push the hell out of it. If it doesn't break (they usually don't), it will give you more power. MHI runs VERY efficient compressor and turbine wheels and 'thrust bearin's o' doom'! they don't break. The evo3 16g in my living room is dwarfed in size by my wimpy garrett t3 from my ford TC (in every way: inlets, wheel diameters, etc.). Yet, it flows nearly 100hp MORE!!!

If you have an MHI unit, especially an MHI built unit such as a true 20g (no offense to FP); you can beat the crap out of it, overrev it, whatever. So this is why a td06h 20g is comparable to a 50-trim. It shouldn't flow more, but you can push it so that it just might on your setup and not break.

What spool times do people normally get out of a MhI tdo6h 20g? On 2.0 and 2.3....
Ive hear those bb fp 50trims spool faster with more top end... Even though Ive been saying that
if I dont get a bb fp3052 Id find myself with a used MHI 20g just for cheap reliability because they can be found
under 500 in good condition at least here locally....

The td06H 20g in a 7cm^2 housing spools slightly quicker than a properly clipped tdo5H 20g in the same housing. I've seen both spool as quick as most 50-trims i've heard about. They're pretty much the same, spool wise. But yea the 50-trim flows quite a bit more.

My opinion on that turbo is ithout a bottom end good luck getting it to spool untill 5 grand. You really need a 2.3 stroker with something like 8.0 compression and 1000cc injectors to make that best of that masher. Your better off going with a 50 trim with dual ceramic ball bearing for less turbo lag. Explanation: if you can push 16lbs with a 50 trim from 2.5-3 grand on your stock bottom end you going to go faster than if you push 16-18 on that masher but only get spooled at 5-5.5 grand. Thats just my .02 though.

My opinion on that turbo is ithout a bottom end good luck getting it to spool untill 5 grand. You really need a 2.3 stroker with something like 8.0 compression and 1000cc injectors to make that best of that masher. Your better off going with a 50 trim with dual ceramic ball bearing for less turbo lag. Explanation: if you can push 16lbs with a 50 trim from 2.5-3 grand on your stock bottom end you going to go faster than if you push 16-18 on that masher but only get spooled at 5-5.5 grand. Thats just my .02 though.

WTF Do you have anything to back up those claims? You're not thinking the first picture was actually a 20g do you?

The first 3 pics is him joking w/ us, man.

Like I said the tdo5h 20g w/ a proper clip, a tdo6h 20g, and 50-trim w/ a t3 stage3 turbine in .63 a/r housing (ideal for the 50-trim) spool all about the same.

Right, thanks for the polite explanation, its not my fault im borderline retarded. Still none the less my friend baught a 60 trim for his stock sr20 det, lets just say i was back under the hood pulling it out a week later.im just saying a turbo like that works better with a beefier valve train and bottom end with lower compression so that when it does spool you can keep it spooled and get full use of it. 1g's redline at 7 grand and i guarentee on a stock block and valve train even with fuel upgrades and a dsmlink your not going to spool untill 4 grand. give it a shot though looks like you have a good set-up and good luck with your tuning.

4K is fine for a street car, IMHO. DSMLink provides NLTS and anti-lag too:thumb:

20g's are great turbos, but a gt30 is better. I havent sprayed this setup yet, so the 20g was still faster. I'm happy with the car thus far. I still say the best feeling i've ever felt other then a 10 sec. turbo Honda, 35r Evo @ 40psi ,and supra w/ greddy t-88? It was my 20g @ 28 psi with an hundred shot from a first gear roll to the end of forth gear. It just felt fast as shit, and I couldn't really breath other then when I had to shift. I was pined to the seat, and I was smiling the entire time. To give you a true idea, of what it felt like. It's better then sex, depending on what day you ask me. If I had to compare it with my friends 10 second cars it was close, if not faster then some of them. My car didn't need antilag or nlts, and if your 20g reaches full boost spools by 4000 rpm, your retarded. I had full boost (almost 30psi) in 3rd by 3500, with 272/272 and a ported head. What makes a 20g such a fun turbo is the fact that you have torgue down low, with power up top. Everything mod wise, is in my profile.

Yah your setup definately differs from HTX but you seem to know your stuff. I like the 8.5 compression and the hks 272. You mind me asking why not go with 280's though? also do you think the compression factor will effect HTX's setup or that can be done through tuning?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back