The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Just A Standard TD06H-20G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banshee04

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 22, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
I was just wanting to know if this is the TD06 or the TD06H? What numbers do you guys think it could put down. Is it a pretty good turbo? Also where could i find this turbo if i wanted to buy a new one?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I cant tell without actually measuring the inducer/exducer of the blades. Although, kind of blurry, it does appear the turbine has a clip to it

Stock sy/ty turbo.
Nope.

The turbine is indeed clipped, although that is NOT your average 20G compressor wheel.

Again you can't tell without measurement- but I'd guess this turbo to be a Frank Level 3 20G....Garrett 54 trim compressor wheel mated to a TD06 turbine.

Don't sit there and wish it were it TD06H turbine if it ends up being a TD06- there's hardly any difference in size between the two.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tur...e-td06-vs-td06h-turbine-photo-comparison.html

Well it obviously has the tdo6 compressor cover as well as a clipped turbine with mitsu housing. I think we may need a better compressor wheel pic because there could be a number of wheels in that housing. I dont think its worth a argument. That pic kinda sux.
I believe the sy/ty had a 17c stock and it had a t3 housing.

I know what a 20G looks like, son- I've rebuilt 30 or 40 in the past 5 years....which is how I'm able to confirm that his turbo does not have a 20G compressor wheel without even pulling the cover.

The stock Syclone / Typhoon turbo is a TD06 17C, which looks totally different than either of the 20G's you linked above.

from what i could see in the pic, i would say its a garrett compressor wheel in there. but im not an expert

So its not a 20g compressor wheel?. Is there anymore pics i need to get? So whats the conclusion? Do I need to measure the inducer/exducer?

Do I need to measure the inducer/exducer?
If you truly want to know what turbo you have, then yes.

Most of the time the shops that build these Frank turbos do not mark them in any way. Occasionally you'll see something like this:

The "L3" on the cover denotes a Frank Level 3 20G.

If you truly want to know what turbo you have, then yes.

Most of the time the shops that build these Frank turbos do not mark them in any way. Occasionally you'll see something like this:

The "L3" on the cover denotes a Frank Level 3 20G.

So its looking like a 50 trim wheel?

Well if you want to be positive what it is, you'll measure the inducer/exducer and try and match it up with 20g or one of the popular garrett wheels

I know what a 20G looks like, son- I've rebuilt 30 or 40 in the past 5 years....which is how I'm able to confirm that his turbo does not have a 20G compressor wheel without even pulling the cover.

Settle down "son", I was posting what the part numbers came up as.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, most times a 14b is just a 14b (I know that one isn't, 18g wheel mentioned in your mod list).

The OP's exhaust wheel looks like a td05h. My td06h's exhaust wheel is flat (blades don't curve like that).

Also, the compressor wheel looks similar to my Green's, but not the same. My blades looks all flat, where those are a little concave.

Horrible wording.

Alright, I finally got to measure the Inducer/Exducer.

Inducer: 2.287

Exducer: 2.948

The specs that you gave, appear to be closest to a 60Trim wheel
Slowboy Racing, Inc. :: DSM :: Turbos :: PTE :: T3 Turbine Housing :: PTE SC-4431E (T3 60 Trim with stage 3 turbine wheel)
Just saying the compressor wheel guys, not turbine
The turbine on your turbo obviously looks clipped but not sure as to what exactly it is.

Thanks alot man. I believe this turbo might have that CHRA. I also measured the inducer and exducer on the exhaust side and the inducer is: 2.555 and the exducer is: 2.172. But the turbine is also clipped so that is gonna take away some of length.

So if it is, I wonder if it can really make 565hp?

55.17mm/64.89mm.
Got me on that one? It definitely not a tdo5h(49/56). I dont have specs on a regular TDo6 turbine but the TDo6h is 58.8mm/67.2mm. I guess its possible to have this and the clipping shaved off a few mm?
Maybe JUSMX141 could help with that one?
Curious how much you paid for it and what kind of condition its in?
Here is the 6o trim compressor map for reference
http://www.not2fast.com/turbo/maps/t04e-60.gif
Its doubt its going to get you 565whp but 565 crank horsepower is very possible with the right setup.
Also note the compressor seems to run out of steam well before 30psi but is relatively efficient at 25psi from 40-45lbs

55.17mm/64.89mm.
Got me on that one? It definitely not a tdo5h(49/56). I dont have specs on a regular TDo6 turbine but the TDo6h is 58.8mm/67.2mm. I guess its possible to have this and the clipping shaved off a few mm?
Maybe JUSMX141 could help with that one?
Curious how much you paid for it and what kind of condition its in?
Here is the 6o trim compressor map for reference
http://www.not2fast.com/turbo/maps/t04e-60.gif
Its doubt its going to get you 565whp but 565 crank horsepower is very possible with the right setup.
Also note the compressor seems to run out of steam well before 30psi but is relatively efficient at 25psi from 40-45lbs

Man, your on top of things. Thanks for that compressor map also. I paid $450 for it with a 02 housing wastegate setup. It also came with a HKS 40mm wastegate and some kind of 02 housing. The turbo is in pretty good condition. The only bad part about it is that little knick on the comp blade, it barely has any shaft play at all.

Im hoping for 500AWHP with E-85, 272's, This turbo, and a badass tuner I know. I think it can do it.

UPDATE: I found the regular TDo6 turbine specs and they are 2.56"/2.175". So it would be safe to say that you have the standard TDo6 turbine and yours is clipped as well. It should make a nice street setup with good spool and good power.
$450 sounds like a pretty good deal with the o2housing and HKSgate as well.
As far as the 500whp, i guess we will have to wait til its done and dynoed.
Good luck with the setup!

Alright, I finally got to measure the Inducer/Exducer.

Inducer: 2.287

Exducer: 2.948

Garrett E60= 2.290 IN, 2.950 EX.

It's a Frank Level 4 20G if it has a TD06 turbine (2.175 EX, 2.560 IN), or a Frank Level 5 20G if it has a TD06H turbine (2.315 EX, 2.650 IN). Judging by the specs given, it's a Frank Level 4 with a 15* clip on the turbine.

It's bigger than an FP Green by a good bit, and has the same spec compressor wheel as a FP Red with one less blade and a slightly smaller turbine wheel. No big deal there- it'll still make some big power.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back