The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

supporting mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mild_gst

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
san antonio, Texas
I know before upgrading your turbo you need supporting mods :thumb: besides a fmic, downpipe, exhaust, fuel management, what other supporting mods would I need. I talking motor wise. I don't know anything about internals, etc. :beatentodeath: Any info is appreciated.

What is your WHP goal and what turbo will you be running. With fuel management im guessing you also ment pump, injectors and regulater. If you plan on not going over 400whp your stock internals should hold as long as they are still in good condition. Compression check would tell you.

I like the fp3052 from force. I want to get decent numbers without maxing out the turbo. here's a list of parts with price just for the turbo. I did my homework on that, now I need the rest. I'm going with the fp3052 because wouldn't need to alter my downpipe with their 2.5" o2 housing (I have a apexi gt downpipe)

FP3052 - $1299.00
Tial 44mm Wastegate - $369.00
FP 2.5" o2 housing - $250.00
FP Dump Tube - $65.00
Inlet Gasket - $27.50
Oil Drain Gasket (2) - $1.00 each
14mm Crush Washers (4) - $1.00 each
FP SS Oil Feed Line - $65.00
FP Inline Oil Filter - $69.95
FP Oil Drain Tube - $55.00
FP Intake Pipe - $69.00
BOV Recirculation - $25.00
4" couplers (2) - $9.00 each
650cc Injectors - $270.00
*Total - $2588.45 for FP3052 package

Good choice, what internals you need also depends on what boost/power you want to make & how high you want to rev. Looks like you know all the basics? like boost gauge, BOV, Boost controller, etc, etc, so we'll skip that. Depending on what boost you want to run you can run that turbo on stock internals. I would defently recommend some cams & ARP head studs to allow you to turn up the boost abit. Staytuned on here runs the 3052, as far as I know still on stock internals and I think in the mid 20's boost range, maybe he'll chime in or you could PM. As far as internals goes it all depends on how much you want to spend. For the daily driver the pump gas will be the biggest limiting factor & most even slightly upgraded internals will handle all the boost you can throw at them with pump gas (by this I mean you won't be able to turn the boost up all that high with pump gas, not that if you turn the boost up crazy high and knock like mad they can take it).

If your on a cheep budget you can do a 6 bolt swap, 1g big rods, 2g pistons, etc. Next step up would be a set of Eagle H beam or Scat rods and some Ross, Wiseco Piston etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back