The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Starting problem.

Mech Addict

Supporting Member
Jun 9, 2019
Jackson, Wyoming
I agree to try looping the heater hoses together to check for a leak, vs. removing the whole dash ( which I have done; once). If your car has a/c then you have to get that drained of refrigerant so it can be disconnected from the lines that run through the firewall. As far as I can tell there is no way to remove just the heater unit without simultaneously removing the a/c “box” too.
If the leak there were significant, I would expect you’d see coolant somewhere, though.

mitsuowner1991

Proven Member
Sep 29, 2009
West Keansburg, New_Jersey
I don't wanna sound dumb but how do I loop the heater core lines to check? And wouldnt me doing a compression test tell me if I'm leaking also? Just asking. Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna look under the dash tommro and see if maybe the carpet is wet. Also my car dosnt have AC.

TK's9d2TSi

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
I don't wanna sound dumb but how do I loop the heater core lines to check? And wouldnt me doing a compression test tell me if I'm leaking also? Just asking. Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna look under the dash tommro and see if maybe the carpet is wet. Also my car dosnt have AC.
One line goes to the water pipe and the other to the back of the thermostat housing. Take one off and put it to the other. Compression test will test how much pressure you build in a cylinder. Leak down test will tell you where the compression is leaking to. If you’re not seeing smoke, it’s not getting into the combustion chamber.
As this thread is no longer about starting please ask new questions in a new thread. Thanks.
Yeah this has gone left. Lol

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds