The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kt239

10+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Recently had to pull motor because it jumped time (long story) but luckily no bent valves, cracked pistons or bent rods. After a rushed install of the motor I have a couple broken sensors and id like to know if they are associated to it not firing up. And also wouldn't mind knowing what they actually are LOL.

First is this one that not so much broke more like lost its place. I'm not sure if it's location is reliant to its proper operation or not,
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/IMG]

This one did actually break and it is the one on the back of the tranny in the middle of the motor mount bracket. Don't think it would prevent starting but stranger things have happened.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

There's a third one that was on the end of intake mani but the plug still went on so I didn't bother taking a picture. The issue in having starting wise is that when I turn the key it almost instantly kills the battery and can't quite turn over. All the sensors and grounds are hooked up except the one sensor on the tranny. Could it maybe be the starter? Or does that sensor on the tranny have a piece to the puzzle as well?

The top goes behind a small block at least on the 1g for noise reduction in the radio if im correct, it goes on first then the a small black box in the area.

Thanks for the heads up I will look for that when I get back home. Sounds to me like that would not make or break a no start issue but nothing surprises me with this car anymore LOL.

Second pic is your VSS (vehicle speed sensor) it wont prevent you from a running motor, you just wont have a speed indication on you odometer.. I cant speak for the noise condenser if it will prevent the motor from starting or not cause I dont know. Ive never tried to start my car without it hooked up.

Speed sensor, thanks a million for that. I can live without that for a lil bit. So by process of elimination I want to say its a starter issue. Cause I tried hocking the noise condenser up to a ground and without and still no luck.

It does not start, It cranks a few times and just dies out. I tried jumping it while starting and it did the same thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back