The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Stalling on warm start only.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusu

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2009
Independence, Oregon
I haven't been able to find anything with search or on Google.

I'm really unsure what would cause this. Typically low fuel pressure, ignition, and anything else I can think of would cause it to drop like a rock and stall.

Anyway, when I start my car and it's warm it wants to idle like shit and then tries to stall. Giving it gas causes it to run fine, and after driving for about 20 seconds it's fine.

I've also been watching my wideband and it goes from a perfect 14.7 idle to the fuel cutting out then goes right back. Almost like idle surge but only on warm starts. Again, it's not doing this after a very short bit of driving.

Any ideas of where to start checking first?

*edit* I forgot to mention this only happens when the car has been off for 10-15 minutes until it's almost totally cooled off.

Someone with more experience can chime in on this. But it sounds like vapor lock from what I have read. Although, I don't know why it would happen on a stock car. I've seen it mentioned a few times on this site though.

fuel pressure solenoid possibly. the fuel pressure solenoid helps with warm starts. might want to make sure that its actually still there and doing its job.

fuel pressure solenoid possibly. the fuel pressure solenoid helps with warm starts. might want to make sure that its actually still there and doing its job.

From what I've read, I was thinking that as well. Although I can not find any information on it even being possible to keep it from stalling. The only information I found says it drops like a rock and even giving it gas won't save it.

But I'm willing to give it a shot I'm going to look up how to check it. But if anyone knows feel free to chime in.

I too have had the same problem for 2 months. I do not have the FPS in my car and all my emissions is deleted. Didn't always have this problem though. I would say bypass the FPS just to see if the problem goes away if you feel thats the problem. Wont hurt anything. If not, then hook it back up.

I haven't looked at your mod list. Do you have a wideband? I have an AEM and it reads above 17/1 AF on a hot start if the car sat for 10-15 minutes. Idles like crap as well. Once the car switches to the o2 loop, problem is gone.

Just an idea of what Ive replaced with no luck are, o2, MAS, TPS, Coolant sensor and ECU. If I find my problem I'll be sure to share.

EDIT: I see you have a wideband. sorry

I've read that it can be caused by a bad iac. I replaced mine with a tested good one and it still happens. I've looked at my ecu and I can't see any visible damage. I'll check my isc position on link when I get home. And my tb coolant lines are looped so I'm not sure how that effects the fiav.. The car came like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back