The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Rough idle on warm start? 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfa9373

Probationary Member
Jan 6, 2009
Littleton, Colorado
I have a 1990 Plymounth Laser RS turbo
Car has 219,000 miles
Car does not want to start right up after I have driven it for a while, If I leave it alone for anything more then lets just say 15 min after the car has been driven for a while it does not want to turn over and then when it does it just idles rough and then stalls out. I start it again and same thing. 3rd time as soon as it turns over I pump the gas until it revs up then keep it at high RPM’s and after I drive just a little bit and car does just fine running normal.
It seems like the fuel is the problem or the pump or something. Once the car is moving there is no problem. All cold starts are perfect no problems at all. But after I drive it for a while and the car gets warm and I go to start it again I have this problem.

1st post

Quite a bump! My issue turned out to be a bad cam angle sensor. Replacing this item solved my issue 100%. Your results may vary, but that was the culprit for me .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back